Moon vs Spirit

claudiaYVR

Hello,

We've only sailed on the Moon and had a fabulous cruise and loved the ship. We'll be on the Spirit in January and would really appreciate any insights from those who have been on both ships. I'm very aware that the ships are different so I'm particularly interested in whether different aspects of the ships impacted your experience, good or bad. Many thanks,

2 hours ago, Observer said:

Spirit has pan-Asian restaurant Indochine.  I love it.

From our 2019 Silver Muse sailing up to Alaska, we super enjoyed Indochine a couple of times.  Wonderful!!   What was one of the secrets from our waiter for our group of five to maximize the experience for that dining venue?  Don't worry about how to pick among many potential dining treats.  Order them ALL and share, family-style!  It was great and offered an excellent range of dining delights, varied tastes, etc. 

Need proof?  Below are a couple of my visuals to prove the variety of tastes and styles.  More on my full live-blog from this sailing.  We have also done the Silver Spirit, but that was in 2017 before its "stretching".  

For Silver Moon, we are scheduled on that ship in February 2024 doing Mumbai to Singapore.  Any secrets, tips, suggestions to maximize the Silver Moon experience during our eighteen days scheduled on that relatively new ship??

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Summer 2019 Calgary, Jasper/Banff National Parks, Western Canada Rocky Mountaineer rail adventure, Vancouver, sailing up to Alaska on Silver Muse, post-cruise excursion to Denali, etc.  Many visuals, Our firsts in these scenic areas!  Now at 19,638 views. Live/blog: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2682584-live-terryohio-silver-muse-alaska-canadarockies-pix’s/

Here are just two of the eight items we order for our group to share "family-style" when doing Indochine.  Loved the variety and varied dishes.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see this visual larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.e95f3485c915d6226c1d117671726a03.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7631cbf3d69860bddf19a89c2dd07440.jpeg

@TLCOhio Terry thank you very much for the info and visuals!

On our Moon cruise I personally enjoyed spending time on the deck behind the Arts Cafe with a yummy drink/snack and a good book. I also participated in a cooking class in the SALT Lab. We didn’t really “cook” anything as everything was pre-measured and pre-cooked for us but it was a fun daytime activity. We liked Atlantide very much so we chose to have lunch there coming back from excursions a few times. 

Hi Claudia, I have sailed both and enjoyed them all.🙂 and I also had fun at The Salt Lab. I would say the food was pre-measured BUT we certainly cooked everything. The burners were tuned on, the food was put into the pans and we were cooking it. In my experience, we chopped much of the veggies as well. Sounds like we had different Salt Lab experiences. I don't recall the food being pre-cooked. 

Spirit was my first SS ship and I have sailed her 2 or 3 times........been on Moon once and would sail her again in a heartbeat. So either one is good for me🙂