Robes in cabins?

JeanneEDW

If not easily found, your cabin steward will get you a clean bath robe.  I had trouble finding a robe on the NS last year, but it was hidden in a drawer under the bed.  Sometimes in the little stool by dressing table.  No slippers though.

2 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

I believe that the robe you get depends on whether you are in a suite. The robes provided in suites are very fluffy and thick!

Yes, those robes are different, but the ones provided in other cabins are waffle weave cotton and get the job done saving space in your luggage. Sometimes cabin stewards are able to find one of the "suite ones" if you ask.

Saving space in luggage was my main reason for hoping for a robe! One thing crossed off the packing list…now for deciding what clothes to take that I will REALLY need and wear 😁
Thanks again folks! 

4 minutes ago, JeanneEDW said:

Saving space in luggage was my main reason for hoping for a robe! One thing crossed off the packing list…now for deciding what clothes to take that I will REALLY need and wear 😁
Thanks again folks! 

Hey @JeanneEDW HAL has fabulous laundry service, so that should also help cut down on packing.

36 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yes, those robes are different, but the ones provided in other cabins are waffle weave cotton and get the job done saving space in your luggage. Sometimes cabin stewards are able to find one of the "suite ones" if you ask.

I've never used a robe since I was about 10 years old, and that was so long ago I don't remember clearly, but I bought one of the ones they provide in the Neptune suites. It was worth it.

8 hours ago, vicd1969 said:

My friends wanted to buy a regular cabin robe, but they were out of stock on the Nieuw amsterdam. Much to their delight - they were “upgraded” to the suite robes for no added charge. 

Lucky people! 😄  Does anyone recall the cost of the robes…regular OR plushies?

3 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

That means that they charged them the regular price for the suite type robes!

Still, they're really nice.

Oh well, they had OBC to burn, lol.

Edited by vicd1969

1 hour ago, ladyj1138 said:

Has anyone had luck in getting a cabin robe in a larger size for us PLUS folks? 

The regular robes are pretty large.  They wrap around & tie.  I am slightly fluffy & short- they are huge on me, not sure about an xtra fluffy size though.

6 hours ago, ladyj1138 said:

Has anyone had luck in getting a cabin robe in a larger size for us PLUS folks? 

Ask your cabin steward for the xxxl robe. If they can't find you one, you can adk in the spa - that's likely where the steward would get it from.

Safe travels  - enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Ask your cabin steward for the xxxl robe. If they can't find you one, you can adk in the spa - that's likely where the steward would get it from.

Safe travels  - enjoy your cruise!

I am going to remember this, and try it.  My attempt to put on the robe that was in our last room was...unflattering at best, and perhaps illegal in several jurisdictions.

• Haha 2