Cancelled Cruise Refund Received

nordski

It seems that on various threads there is periodic discussion of the timeline for refunds for cancelled cruises.

We cancelled in May and received our refund today, so the time elapsed was about 3.5 months. We found this acceptable, others will likely disagree.

If appropriate, others may wish to share their experiences.

• Thanks 1

We had to cancel on Monday this week (Aug. 21).

This was in the confirmation e-mail from our TA, later on Monday... "The refund amount of $xxxx.xx will take anywhere from 7-14 Business Days to appear on your credit card."

If true, we should see the credit no later than Sep. 8. We'll see.

34 minutes ago, kent4489 said:

We had to cancel on Monday this week (Aug. 21).

This was in the confirmation e-mail from our TA, later on Monday... "The refund amount of $xxxx.xx will take anywhere from 7-14 Business Days to appear on your credit card."

If true, we should see the credit no later than Sep. 8. We'll see.

That’s a more promising timeline.

Hope it is accurate.

On 8/23/2023 at 8:24 AM, nordski said:

It seems that on various threads there is periodic discussion of the timeline for refunds for cancelled cruises.

We cancelled in May and received our refund today, so the time elapsed was about 3.5 months. We found this acceptable, others will likely disagree.

If appropriate, others may wish to share their experiences.

I just canceled my cruise.  While I think two weeks is acceptable, I understand that Sycamore is "challenged" and will just be happy when I get it.  I am a bit nervous about the brand right now and that's part of the reason for my cancellation.  

9 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

I just canceled my cruise.  While I think two weeks is acceptable, I understand that Sycamore is "challenged" and will just be happy when I get it.  I am a bit nervous about the brand right now and that's part of the reason for my cancellation.  

Took me 5 months and many emails and calls.

44 minutes ago, kent4489 said:

I posted too soon…

Cruise was cancelled on Aug. 21. Just checked my credit card and see that the Azamara refund was posted to my account on Aug. 22! 

That is excellent progress - Azamara need to give Explora Journey lessons!!

• Like 2

Just for information 45 days since Explora cancelled my cruise at the last minute- they are insisting on applying their standard MSC terms so 25 days more before the refund will be issued (and goodness knows when my flight and hotel refunds will come - Explora didn’t do air when we booked) 

Edited by uktog
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

I went through a travel agent.  I'll give them a shot first and then Amex, beginning in late October.    

Watch out for timing-out on raising this with Amex.  Perhaps worth calling them to check what any time limits might be for your specific transaction?  Then you know exactly where you stand.

4 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

My travel agent told me that Azamara said the credit to my Amex would post 7-10 business days.  

Our TA said 7-14 business day. The refund was posted to our credit card the very next day! (I had been checking my c/c account on the 22nd and 23rd and the credit did not show pending, but suddenly today it appeared as posted, not pending with the posting date of Aug. 22.) We were in 50% penalty phase and they refunded the 50% plus port taxes. Now, I will turn the remaining part into the travel insurance.

• Like 1

We had to cancel a back-to-back cruise on the Pursuit for next summer. Because we had booked a Club Continent Suite, we had $ 2200.00 in deposits tied up with Azamara and I was concerned about getting the refund in a timely manner.

Because of information posted on this forum reporting that Azamara may not have credit card information for deposits made before the changeover, I specifically alerted our travel agent about this issue. When he cancelled the cruise, he told me that he asked about the credit card information and they told him they did not have it. He was able to give it to them and I received the refund to my credit card within two days.

Many thanks to the previous posters. If you have to cancel, make sure Azamara has your credit card information or they will just cancel and keep the deposit until someone alerts them.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PaulS said:

We had to cancel a back-to-back cruise on the Pursuit for next summer. Because we had booked a Club Continent Suite, we had $ 2200.00 in deposits tied up with Azamara and I was concerned about getting the refund in a timely manner.

Because of information posted on this forum reporting that Azamara may not have credit card information for deposits made before the changeover, I specifically alerted our travel agent about this issue. When he cancelled the cruise, he told me that he asked about the credit card information and they told him they did not have it. He was able to give it to them and I received the refund to my credit card within two days.

Many thanks to the previous posters. If you have to cancel, make sure Azamara has your credit card information or they will just cancel and keep the deposit until someone alerts them.

You got great advice on this forum and were thoughtful enough to pass it on, helping many people. Thanks for the update.

• Like 1