Booking with RCCL questions?

I think I’m getting ready to book a cruise through the RCCL web site and have a couple of questions. Do they sell or will try to sell me trip insurance? If they don’t do most people book from travel insurance sites on the net like insuremytrip.com or similar sites. And for the last question do they send you real paper docs or just the E-docs? Thanks

my experience is that you can purchase travel insurance through them, but i'm really not sure how it compares, pricewise and coveragewise, to private trip insurance. the most important of the coverages for me is medical evacuation, because if someone needs a hospital, the cost to helicopter or jet you there can be exhorbitant. and i like squaremouth.com for coverage comparisons. also, rccl provided paper documents last time i booked through them, but you can electronically sign in before you go.

I would book with a travel agent, because if they screw up, then you have someone in your corner. Also go with travelguard or something similar instead of RCCL's website, because if you have to cancel because of something major, they give you cash instead of credit. Something to chew on.

~JS

A few added thoughts:

RCCL's web site prices tend to be higher than what you can find at some of the large "volume" travel agencies, or your TA, who might be able to beat the price.

We have purchased CruiseCare, the RCCL travel insurance, twice for more expensive, European cruises. We had to use it last year for trip delay coming home. The only thing I really like about CruiseCare is the cruise cancellation policy for "non-covered" reasons. Now, this is weird, because they end up being "covered" reasons. Anyway, if you cancel for reasons other than what the standard policy covers, CruiseCare will give you a 75% credit for a future RCCL cruise. This would be for cancelation reasons other policies might not cover. The CruiseCare policy is available on their web site in PDF format.

You can print your own SeaPass boarding docs right from their web site, but they still send you the cruise contract and booklet.

Have a great cruise. Hope all of this helps you.

Well I would normally agree and use a TA. I used a local TA for a couple of cruises that I went on and also brought other people in to for bookings. And the last couple of quotes from them haven't been any cheaper. Also called other in town TA's and no one was cheaper found the same price. Also went to big internet sites exp#ia, Cru1se.com, and Cru?se?11 and the same price, am I missing somethin?

Hopefully I'm not unforgiven for anything! I am was a big fan of the rock band Metallica and the name of one of there more popular songs was "unforgiven", just kinda adopted the name many years ago for internet stuff and it stuck! I

Thanks again for all your help.

Archived