Which specialty restaurant she we book on Joy??

kribar

Just to add to what I've written previously, I'd suggest that everyone looking at specialty dining should peruse the menus prior to booking reservations.

I agree with many on here who feel that LeBistro is best, overall.

My dilemma is that my wife likes very little on their menu.

I don't believe she likes any of the entrees and very few of the starters.

My point is that you should make sure that there is enough to choose from for the many picky eaters out there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I get a free bottle of wine due to Latitude status.  However, it has always been available at either Cagney's or Le Bistro, not just le Bistro. Obviously that may have changed like so many other things. 

And WAY back in the day, if you dined in Le Bistro on the first night of the cruise, you got a comp bottle.  

I've usually had pretty good luck in Cagney's but not universally so.  Ocean Blue has been consistently good (though I order the steak there!)   Le Bistro consistently has the best service of any of the specialties.  Not my favorite menu, though, but that's just my personal taste.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

And WAY back in the day, if you dined in Le Bistro on the first night of the cruise, you got a comp bottle.  

I've usually had pretty good luck in Cagney's but not universally so.  Ocean Blue has been consistently good (though I order the steak there!)   Le Bistro consistently has the best service of any of the specialties.  Not my favorite menu, though, but that's just my personal taste.

Isn't that when they offered the 3 specialty dinner for about $57 pp? I think that was offered on our first cruise on the Star in Feb. 2012? 

Edited by All-ready2cruise
spelling

26 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Isn't that when they offered the 3 specialty dinner for about $57 pp? I think that was offered on our first cruise on the Star in Feb. 2012? 

I don't remember the exact cost but that sounds about right.  For the minimal additional cost, we just upgraded for the entire week.  

• Like 1

OK, I know that you get a free bottle of wine with one of the latitudes meals. This can be taken in any restaurant now (except the few that have special wine menus, such as Palomar). The wine would be available for Latitudes Platinum or above in any speciality restaurant on the Joy, including both Le Bistro and Teppanyaki.

However, there is nothing to suggest that the OP is platinum latitudes. In fact their question rather suggests that they may well be fairly new to NCL, so the availability of a free bottle of wine that they may not qualify for and would actually be available in any off the other restaurants seems an odd reason to recommend Le Bistro.

Edited by KeithJenner

We ate at both and thoroughly enjoyed both. It was the best Teppanyaki experience we'd had on a ship in many years, and I could make an entire meal just of the rice!! Cagneys was also great and has better dessert options. Though the best steak we had on the ship was actually at La Cucina.