Why, God, Why???

I have the approved time off work, the money to go, and no one to go with.

Why doesn't RCL have a roommate plan or singles rate? All they will give me off is $100.00 off of the double occupancy rate.

Does anyone have any advice?

Does anyone want to cruise Grandeur anytime in May? :D

AARRrrghhhh!!!

I'll take her!! :D

This seriously sucks.

Why don't they have a plan for people sailing alone? I just paid for two tickets to go on a cruise in December. I don't want to have to do it again.

I agree with you but I have been fortunate to find a T/A on Celebrity Galaxy from the UK flying out to Galveston and then 16n cruise back to Rome.May 6th 2006

This includes all flights domestic in the UK + T/A flight

1 night in hotel at Houston Airport and the

flight back from Rome

I have a grade 9 inside cabin for a total price of £1125

This is a fantastic price and I am not sure how I found it. I reckon the single supplement is about £200 certainly no more than this.

My choice was a 12 n in the Med on Princess at £1950 So I decided to go with the T/A. It is wonderful value for money and I am looking forward to it. I have travelled on my own before but each time I have found a bargain. I have done a T/A before and enjoyed it as I love the sea days.

There are bargains out there but it is just a case of finding them

Good luck

I say go over to the Gay board and look for a FABULOUS roomie!! You'll have fun and not have to worry about being harrassed! And you might find someone who can point out all the REAL single men to you in the bar!;) LOL

It is worth the extra to cruise alone. I have done it and I actually had to convince folks I WANTED to be alone. Everyone kept trying to get me to sit with them at dinner, in the bar, by the pool etc. It was nice but I like my own company. I say spend the little extra and just go alone! Have a great time!

Didn't mention when you were wanting to go but have you thought of looking at the Happy Hour sales? If you are able to do that you can shave some off the single supplement. Looking at Tuesdays and you can go on the Adventurer 4/6 & 4/16, Explorer 4/2 & 4/16, Mariner 4/30, Navigator 4/1 & 4/15 at a supplement of 150% and it's on special.

Goodluck, hope you find a way. I liked the idea of looking for a gay man too. That could be a lot of fun.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I would definitely post your request (in plain, clear terms...beginning in the Title line "Looking for a cruise mate" "I need a roomie for my cruise" etc.). Let folks know that you want a roommate. Try several of the boards. You might find someone else who's interested...:rolleyes:

They probably don't match people up because they don't want the liability of having you room with some nut - it could happen I guess and they have enough problems with people disappearing.

Maybe there is a singles group in your area....you could post this on their bulletin board. Or better yet...welcome to your new business. THE VACATION CONNECTION.

Lots of businesses grow out of necessity. When you get rich and famous you will have lots of people to travel with.....and take me to lunch for giving you the idea.

Good Luck.

I would definitely post your request (in plain, clear terms...beginning in the Title line "Looking for a cruise mate" "I need a roomie for my cruise" etc.). Let folks know that you want a roommate. Try several of the boards. You might find someone else who's interested...:rolleyes:

Don't know if you could trust those Cruise Critic people!!!:D

:D time to hit up some of the single places and meet someone.

this thread is true tho, i wanted to go on a cruise with some friends and was surprised when i didn't even have to talk them into it! lol :cool:

i doupt that i'd actually want to go alone though, sure i've met alot of people on board and had good times, it's always nice to have people u know to fall back on (can count on) though, especially if there is a problem...

~WaterCrazzy~

Keep trying, there is probably a real nice lady out there who also just wants to go on a cruise and have fun w/out paying double. I know when I was a kid and went off to camp for 10 weeks, I did not know the girls I would be bunking with all summer, but I always had a great summer. Good Luck. By the way, was there someone going with you to begin with, or did you not know it would be double to travel single?

P.S. My brother is alone in his cabin on grandeur with us in June:rolleyes: .

I hope he won't mind if I take a moment to make a plug here.. for those of you who may not ever wander over to the Royal Caribbean board, Radio has done this at least twice before that I know of, and we are all in for a treat. If you are scheduled to be on the Century soon, prepare for a tidbit that will make you more anxious than ever for your own sail date!

Theron

There is a singles forum on CC and this problem has been discussed some on that forum. Unfortunately Laura posted there that the rules of this board prohibit posting generally that you are looking for someone to share a stateroom, although, as I understand it, you can post this on a roll call thread for a specific cruise.

I also understand that those of us who are group leaders on a Cruise Critic group cruise can put folks in contact with one another who are are booking on the group cruise and want to share. On our August 19, 2006 Caribbean Princess group cruise, there is one lady who would like to share her room to split the costs, although at least the single supplement on our group is "only" $150% instead of double. If you would like more information on our group cruise, feel free to email me at kacruiser@ev1.net.

I can sympathize with you. I live in Houston and would like to be able to take advantage of more of the Royal Caribbean cruises that sail out of Galveston, especially the short ones. Paying 200% limits that for me. My schedule is very flexible in February, April, and November to be able to cruise, but other months not as much or at all. However, I usually cruise with family who live out of the area and it is much harder for them to get together with them, plus their schedules are not very flexible. And I haven't been able to talk my friends into joining me. So I've looked for various resources too. I've found some (but no solution yet for cruising from Galveston) but the rules of this board prohibit me from posting links for other boards. There are some out there, so keep looking.

BTW, HAL does have a single share program, although it may not be offered on every sailing. Although I've cruised on HAL, I haven't used the program. But if you go to the HAL board, you can find some threads by searching or even post for information.

I agree with you--I wish Royal Caribbean had a similar program.

I hope he won't mind if I take a moment to make a plug here.. for those of you who may not ever wander over to the Royal Caribbean board, Radio has done this at least twice before that I know of, and we are all in for a treat. If you are scheduled to be on the Century soon, prepare for a tidbit that will make you more anxious than ever for your own sail date!

Arg!!! Sorry, posted a reply to the wrong window... and it's been more than 20 minutes so I can't fix it! Must be Friday.

Theron

Originally Posted by The Grumpus

I can rent you my mother-in-law for a small fee.;)

you can have my mother in law free, and you don't even need to bring her back.

This is too funny. It's also too good to be true. I'm willing to pay a small fee if you take my mother in law with you. (And a small fortune if you keep her):rolleyes: .

Above Sea Level Cruiser, throw in shipping and handling for your MIL (transportation to the port and her half of the cruise fare), and you've got a deal!! :) --at least for taking her on a cruise--the length dependent on how long you want to pay for her to be gone, opps, I mean, enjoying a cruise.:)

And this could be a double win for you as you could get points with DW for the wonderful present (a cruise) you are giving MIL. :)

Archived