Shore Excursion Availability Onboard

Last month I attempted to book a boat excursion prior to sailing.  I checked for several months including the day before sailing.  Once onboard, many sold out excursions were available.  Is this typical?  Does O add excursions regularly those who have not booked in advance?  

It was once explained to me that O’s incredible computer system doesn’t always properly account for cruise cancellations. That is when someone cancels a cruise, the tours, particularly any OLife tour, for which they had signed up for doesn’t always get credited back with an opening. It doesn’t get worked out until just prior to the cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the more ports the better said:

Last month I attempted to book a boat excursion prior to sailing.  I checked for several months including the day before sailing.  Once onboard, many sold out excursions were available.  Is this typical?  Does O add excursions regularly those who have not booked in advance?  

I think some cases  they can add extra excursions  but there is also those that book excursions  then decide  that it may not be  for them or they  find something else to do

We could not book the culinary classes ahead of time  but  filled out the form on boarding day & got into  a couple of the classes later in the cruise