Norwegian Joy Transatlantic 13 Feb 2024 - 1 balcony available on NCL, plenty on other sites

podgeandrodge

Looking at this cruise on NCL website, I can only get ONE balcony option on Deck 9, 9770, though earlier I think I was offered a different cabin on deck 9.   Normally, clicking on "Choose a different stateroom" brings you to options to select other cabins within the category, however, all I can get is offered AFT cabins with no option to get other standard balcony cabins.

Going to other 'cabin cruise scanning selling' websites, there are a range of balcony cabins to choose from - 

BB Deck 11
BA Deck 15

B4 Deck 14 and 15

I know that other websites regularly show more cabins than the "15" that NCL restrict to, but here we are talking about no choice at all on NCL website.

Can someone with a few minutes time replicate what I am doing and see if I am doing something wrong, or has NCL website decided to be even more awkward than normal!

Separately, I think some of you have a way to find total availability on cabins - if someone could see what balcony availability is on this would be appreciated!

Edited by podgeandrodge
extra detail on cabin availability

54 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

Just looked on the NCL site and on Deck 10 - mid ship, I am able to choose at least 10 regular balcony cabins. Deck 9 has at least 9 more. Deck 11 has at least 15 cabins available.

Interesting!  I am using the NCL Europe website.  I might use a VPN and see the .com website and see if it's different.  Can you elaborate on how you progressed to the different cabins from the original one suggested? Thanks!

Edited by podgeandrodge

7 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

Interesting!  I am using the NCL Europe website.  I might use a VPN and see the .com website and see if it's different.  Can you elaborate on how you progressed to the different cabins from the original one suggested? Thanks!

I searched on NCL.com and selected balcony and clicked "choose another cabin" selected a deck, mid ship and then it gave me all the available cabins.

Edited by genealogyfan
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, podgeandrodge said:

Looking at this cruise on NCL website, I can only get ONE balcony option on Deck 9, 9770, though earlier I think I was offered a different cabin on deck 9.   Normally, clicking on "Choose a different stateroom" brings you to options to select other cabins within the category, however, all I can get is offered AFT cabins with no option to get other standard balcony cabins.

Going to other 'cabin cruise scanning selling' websites, there are a range of balcony cabins to choose from - 

BB Deck 11
BA Deck 15

B4 Deck 14 and 15

I know that other websites regularly show more cabins than the "15" that NCL restrict to, but here we are talking about no choice at all on NCL website.

Can someone with a few minutes time replicate what I am doing and see if I am doing something wrong, or has NCL website decided to be even more awkward than normal!

Separately, I think some of you have a way to find total availability on cabins - if someone could see what balcony availability is on this would be appreciated!

I see lots and lots of balcony rooms on the cruise on the NCL web site. NCL's website will show you the 15ish "best" rooms in each category explored. Take the time to explore all of the options... or use the other travel agent sites.

Mid-ship

image.png.2e77a487178cb37a795b7731d910eaac.png

Aft

image.png.55e52ecb78fbdaafa788e3c43cebf6d8.png

Forward

image.png.b8351a7cc8698e0c702ddbb2bae2246b.png

Balconies with higher cabin classes (BAs) and family balconies

image.png.1e01e78466e906d8d26ea4b9874ecae2.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1