"Manage my cruise" pricing differing from booking invoice?

rodndonna

Has anyone had the payment info for their cruise not match their booking invoice?

We just booked a cruise 2 days ago for 2025 on the Constellation. I called it in and booked with an invoice that matched what I was seeing on line for that sailing and still see for that sailing. 

I've emailed our PCC about it and am pretty confident it is just an error that will be rectified, but  just wondering if this has happened to others. To be honest I rarely look that closely and the difference would not be something I would have noticed if I weren't checking against original invoice (about $300 CDN) being as it is so far out.

I was checking my reservation late last night for my October cruise and it showed reduced OBC and said I still had a remaining balance.   The balance was paid   July 02 and we have already checked in.  I got a email  around 1130 pm central standard time saying changes were made and OBC credits are no longer paid in full.

Something happened last night, so be aware that the app doesn’t show balances and you need to check directly on the website.  

Check your accounts!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, texanitalian said:

I was checking my reservation late last night for my October cruise and it showed reduced OBC and said I still had a remaining balance.   The balance was paid   July 02 and we have already checked in.  I got a email  around 1130 pm central standard time saying changes were made and OBC credits are no longer paid in full.

Something happened last night, so be aware that the app doesn’t show balances and you need to check directly on the website.  

Check your accounts!

Same exact experience.   Only problem was it kept happening.  I have spent about 10 hours total on the phone when this occurs.  It has now happened three times where a balance shows due and OBC cx excursions as unpaid.    Watch your invoices, e-mails and website accounting.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses  - indeed when I look now  - I can see it is the gratuities that are wrong. It added them on even though we have the "all included" pricing. Not sure if it would have been rectified without us noticing, but I will be looking a little more closely now.

Our booking is an odd one after an X cancellation where our deposit is based  on honouring Future Cruise on board booking and additional OBC for the cancellation which has not shown up yet, but was told that might take a while to get sorted.

10 hours ago, rodndonna said:

Thanks for the responses  - indeed when I look now  - I can see it is the gratuities that are wrong. It added them on even though we have the "all included" pricing. Not sure if it would have been rectified without us noticing, but I will be looking a little more closely now.

Our booking is an odd one after an X cancellation where our deposit is based  on honouring Future Cruise on board booking and additional OBC for the cancellation which has not shown up yet, but was told that might take a while to get sorted.

Celebrity's system, if you have prepaid gratuities, will add them to the invoice, changing the balance.  It usually fixes itself within a few days.

The only time I had an issue was when my sister and I booked a cruise within final payment.  We had 24 hours to pay in full.  I had to call and have them remove the gratuities from the total.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Celebrity's system, if you have prepaid gratuities, will add them to the invoice, changing the balance.  It usually fixes itself within a few days.

The only time I had an issue was when my sister and I booked a cruise within final payment.  We had 24 hours to pay in full.  I had to call and have them remove the gratuities from the total.

Thanks!

This is our 3rd booking now with Celebrity, but I guess the first time I looked at our booking payment details shortly after booking.

On 8/27/2023 at 12:36 PM, LMHSRN said:

Same exact experience.   Only problem was it kept happening.  I have spent about 10 hours total on the phone when this occurs.  It has now happened three times where a balance shows due and OBC cx excursions as unpaid.    Watch your invoices, e-mails and website accounting.

We had a similar experience. DW wants not to cruise with Celebrity after this as there are too many problems!

OP here.

Just an update - I just checked this morning and our account was rectified now to reflect the booking invoice so I suspect in our case it was as others have stated that gratuities are added on and then removed within a couple of days. 🙂

• Like 1