UTV Tours

nolegirl01

This will be our first time in Aruba. We will be on the Odyssey of the Seas. We wanted to do a UTV ride and I saw Royal Caribbean is offering a 4hr UTV ride for $299 a person. After doing a quick google search, I saw there were other companies (not with RCCL), that were offering UTV tours that were longer and cheaper. I saw one through ABC Tours Aruba and another with De Palm tours. My question is, have you all booked with these 2 companies before? How is your experience? How did you coordinate transportation? Tell me all tips and tricks! The safe way is to book with Royal Caribbean, but they seem to be more expensive. Also we will be in port from 8am-11pm so we wanted to do a longer tour, get more bang for your buck! Thanks everyone!

Edited by nolegirl01
mispell

• 2 months later...

How did you make out? Did you use a private vendor? I have used these elsewhere and never had an issue. Problem is my ship docks at 0800. The UTV tour wants us at the pickup point outside the cruise port at 0820. Seems too close. Following...

• 3 months later...
On 11/24/2023 at 11:18 AM, webby1959 said:

How did you make out? Did you use a private vendor? I have used these elsewhere and never had an issue. Problem is my ship docks at 0800. The UTV tour wants us at the pickup point outside the cruise port at 0820. Seems too close. Following...

Aruba is one hour ahead so the companies that I did contact all told me that if the ship says it's docking at 8am, it's on ship time and it'll be 9am in Aruba so we will have missed the time. So we have decided to get a 2pm reservation for the UTV tours.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, nolegirl01 said:

Aruba is one hour ahead so the companies that I did contact all told me that if the ship says it's docking at 8am, it's on ship time and it'll be 9am in Aruba so we will have missed the time. So we have decided to get a 2pm reservation for the UTV tours.

On my 9 cruises ship time was always local time. You get a card the night before the time change in order to adjust the time.

There might be a period of the year where the Island time is not ship time tho... I didn't experience that yet, but I think it can happen.

Edited by sebas030

On 3/21/2024 at 9:58 PM, nolegirl01 said:

I'm not sure when you are going to Aruba,  but when the U.S. is on daylight savings time, both countries are on the same time, like they are right now.