Sorry another Juneau whale watching question...

surgie

I have searched the forum and read every post on whale watching I think lol! Family of 11 - 6 adults and 5 kids and we've decided on Juneau for whale watching vs. ISP (three companies I looked at in ISP have age restrictions that we won't meet with our youngest kids). We cruise in July 2024 and we want a private excursion.

I reached out to Jayleen's and Harv and Marv. I also checked into some other tours recommended here but for various reasons have narrowed it to these two. H&M can do a boat that holds 18 as a private tour for a similar cost to two of Jayleen's boats that hold 6 each and can go out in tandem for our tour. One member of our group has had seasickness issues (but it was the Kauai Napali Coast sail which is unlike the inside passage!) That would make me lean towards a bigger boat but H&M's is not hugely different from Jayleen's at least by the pics.

So any thoughts on pros or cons of either company are appreciated. My brain is honestly hurting from researching options at our four ports but I couldn't do it at all without this forum! Thank you!

I would email Teresa @ Glacier Wind to see if you charter their larger boat (13 capacity) - if they may take your younger kids. I don't know the rationale but I know Harv and Marv's allows for older kids with a charter. Maybe their rationale is for different reasons (life vest or whatever?).

Teresa is quick at responding.

I didn't realize the size of your group.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1