Help me understand a few things please!

dtenel

1 minute ago, 1Virgo said:

I you mean room service, we didnt have expanded breakfast menus  in Aqua on 2 sailings this year.   In January the first sailing out of each ship had the new menus.  Continental no charges but if you ordered anything from the premium side, $9.95 + gratuity.    

Yes, you have to pay the delivery charge, but you have a wider choice if you do.

image.png.d8a0a955b65c3c58b42be8b554bd4098.png

Concierge just has the same room service breakfast options as all the other grades below them.

38 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Yes, you have to pay the delivery charge, but you have a wider choice if you do.

image.png.d8a0a955b65c3c58b42be8b554bd4098.png

Concierge just has the same room service breakfast options as all the other grades below them.

well we did not have expanded breakfast menus. Continental.   No hot items. No eggs. No meats.  Strictly Continental.    The menus were brand new.  We were on a 9 day and a 10 day.   Menus same.     Maybe they ve changed again. I can only relate what my DH and I saw and experienced 

4 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

well we did not have expanded breakfast menus. Continental.   No hot items. No eggs. No meats.  Strictly Continental.    The menus were brand new.  We were on a 9 day and a 10 day.   Menus same.     Maybe they ve changed again. I can only relate what my DH and I saw and experienced 

So even if you paid the service charge there were no hot items you could order?

That seems strange as the other lower cabins could order hot breakfast items if they paid the service fee... ?

6 hours ago, jwlane said:

Don't think they've ever been part of the deal for Aqua---Concierege, yes.

Canapes were always part of AQ Class along with  upgraded rm svc menu for bkfst,  daily water..then water was cut to 1 welcome water pp.

aso welcome bubbly ( ugh,) or on request..use with OJ

small vase with 2 stems of flowers

AQ canapes in the past included ship's  asst choice  salami,  fruit, cheese, stale crackers shrimp, caviar... NOT SURE IF AQ gets them now!.  We will forage at the buffet and bring along  some snacks.   

Beware candy in shops very pricey!

29 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

So even if you paid the service charge there were no hot items you could order?

That seems strange as the other lower cabins could order hot breakfast items if they paid the service fee... ?

I should have been clearer.   Continental is free.       But,  I  Never said  one could not order hot items.   You can. Pay the fee.   

There were no “expanded breakfast  menus” for Aqua that we were shown and we got the brand new menus.   Choice for room service breakfast was Continental or Premium.    If you wanted items under the “Premium” side, which listed hot items such as eggs, bacon etc, you could order and pay the service fee.   

26 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

I should have been clearer.   Continental is free.       But,  I  Never said  one could not order hot items.   You can. Pay the fee.   

There were no “expanded breakfast  menus” for Aqua that we were shown and we got the brand new menus.   Choice for room service breakfast was Continental or Premium.    If you wanted items under the “Premium” side, which listed hot items such as eggs, bacon etc, you could order and pay the service fee.   

We may be talking at cross-purposes...

The choices you have available on your breakfast room service menu will include items that do not appear on the menu for lower grade cabins. 

They may or may not be available without paying the service fee, but those below the Aqua level will not even get the option...  ... or at least that is what they are still showing as an amenity of the Aqua class cabins....

11 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Thanks for clearing this up?

the joy of internet and sometimes autocorrect kicking in.     

With things changing so fast……hard to know.  I want it in email/writing.  

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

We may be talking at cross-purposes...

The choices you have available on your breakfast room service menu will include items that do not appear on the menu for lower grade cabins. 

They may or may not be available without paying the service fee, but those below the Aqua level will not even get the option...  ... or at least that is what they are still showing as an amenity of the Aqua class cabins....

The Concierge hostess, yes apparently they look after Aqua as well now which surprised us, said “same menu for all but Retreat”.     

geesh. I m just saying what we experienced and were told.   I m not on trial here

Thanks so much everyone for your help!  One more question as you ask are so smart with what happens on the cruise!!!  I see the Deal or No Deal cards you can buy ahead of time, but no real explanation of ow to play.  Do you use the same cards that you buy the entire cruise?  Do you need to be at the "show" or wherever they play every night?  It looks fun, but not sure I want to commit to going every single night.  Can anyone tell me what exactly it is?

13 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

wow. Celebrity gets the trophy for being able to contradict itself and cause confusion 

We were on the Equinox in January in Aqua and Summit April/May in Aqua.  No canapés.  We asked.    Nope.  Only Retreat.   

What we experienced:    No canapes, no fruit in cabin on embarkation, no key card holder, no herbal tea in room for Aqua.  And  the multi pack of totes of different sizes was replaced with 1 tote.     We had to ask for the wine

Wow, we were in Aqua on the Equinox over New Years and got the canapés! I was also told they stopped the tea, I was bummed out because I love iced tea and was really looking forward to that perk. I was also told NO BAG of laundry existed anymore and that laundry was only a la carte, either this was another lie or temporary change. We also had the expanded FREE room service menu, I ordered an omelette. I guess that was changed right after we left too. 

Edited by tigervixxxen

7 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

Wow, we were in Aqua on the Equinox over New Years and got the canapés! I was also told they stopped the tea, I was bummed out because I love iced tea and was really looking forward to that perk. I was also told NO BAG of laundry existed anymore and that laundry was only a la carte, either this was another lie or temporary change. We also had the expanded FREE room service menu, I ordered an omelette. I guess that was changed right after we left too. 

we were told the first time a ship left a Florida port in January, the changes went  into effect.  The menus were brand new as we were the first departure out of Florida for the Equinox’s schedule.  make sense?   time wise.    so we could not order anything hot other than tea or coffee.    Ditto with April/may.  and shouldnt make a difference but we were Premium Aqua

1 hour ago, 1Virgo said:

we were told the first time a ship left a Florida port in January, the changes went  into effect.  The menus were brand new as we were the first departure out of Florida for the Equinox’s schedule.  make sense?   time wise.    so we could not order anything hot other than tea or coffee.    Ditto with April/may.  and shouldnt make a difference but we were Premium Aqua

Makes sense, must have been the cruise right after ours. I’m glad we got the perks when we did but I don’t see us paying for Aqua again.