Am I sure about this?

I have booked a 5 day Caribbean cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas for an August 14 departure. That's the good part plus my husband really has the cruise bug bad and the price is right. The bad part is that we will be 59 when we cruise, we have only cruised on Disney Cruise Lines, and neither of us are what one would call partyers. Kids do not bother me at all, but drunks do. I am worried about the entertainment since we enjoyed the shows on Disney SO much. I keep reminding myself that it is a learning experience and WILL be fun. Any good advice?

You guys sound a lot like me and my husband. We had a blast! You do what you want to do, as much or as little. On Voyager, I didn't see any who were obviously drunk until I watched the "cruise in review" on the last night. The bar and club scene apparently does get hopping in the late evening hours.

The shows were quite good, also.

First, you will love Enchantment. We just got off in Feb. and had a great time. While we do partake of alcoholic beverages:D it certainly is not our primary focus and we don't hang out in the bars. The entertainment was very enjoyable. In over 20+ cruises with RCI, only on the last one-- on Grandeur last month-- did I see disgusting, drunk young adults. (and this was at the pool in the middle of the day!)

yes, relax and have fun. You will not be inundated by wild eyed drunks eagerly foisting booze on you (darn it all anyway) and can have a nice romantic cruise. I have never been bored on a cruise and I am a major multi tasker. I don't hang out in bars either (well there was this one time, on the Mariner but that's a Champagne Bar story).

I have booked a 5 day Caribbean cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas for an August 14 departure. That's the good part plus my husband really has the cruise bug bad and the price is right. The bad part is that we will be 59 when we cruise, we have only cruised on Disney Cruise Lines, and neither of us are what one would call partyers. Kids do not bother me at all, but drunks do. I am worried about the entertainment since we enjoyed the shows on Disney SO much. I keep reminding myself that it is a learning experience and WILL be fun. Any good advice?

No worries. We have yet to see anyone make a fool out of themselves, stumbling, falling down drunk. I think people pretty much behave themselves.

No worries. We have yet to see anyone make a fool out of themselves, stumbling, falling down drunk. I think people pretty much behave themselves.

I have but since the party in question is one of my dearest friends I will say no more than that. :p She is a doll but man oh man one night she got tanked to the max!

I have yet to fall down drunk, stumble, make a fool out of myself.

I usually can get back to my cabin first and then just go sleepy-bye for awhile....however....there was this one time on a snorkeling trip when some Lutherans and Catholics got to discussing theology over several beers....:eek:...well needless to say....a good nap was in order.:D

I usually can get back to my cabin first and then just go sleepy-bye for awhile....however....there was this one time on a snorkeling trip when some Lutherans and Catholics got to discussing theology over several beers....:eek:...well needless to say....a good nap was in order.:D

Now that sounds like a darn interesting conversation.

My husband and I are both mid 40's and we are not partiers either. We absolutely loved our cruise on the Enchantment. I surprised my dh with the romance package and it was so lovely to have champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries waiting for us in our balcony cabin (also a surprise for him). We also had a quiet and romantic dinner at Chops one evening. We didn't really see anyone who was drunk or out of control. I think you see that much more on the shorter (3-4 night) cruises in my experience. I think you will both enjoy the Enchantment. She is a great ship with a terrific crew.

Archived