Best oceanview rooms on Getaway, Sun and Escape

Flossygirl

Hello fellow cruisers,

Are there any preferred oceanview cabins or "best" (in your view) that you feel I should be looking at before I try to book a cruise on any of these ships?  May as well give it a go.  Never know, they may still be available. 🤷‍♀️  I don't care where they are on the ship but if they are perhaps bigger in size or a have a bigger window than normal that would be great.  Thanks in advance!

For Escape, the **700 staterooms (9700, 10700, etc.) are the best Oceanview options. On Getaway, the **700 are wheelchair accessible but not on Escape.

On Getaway (and Escape) some of the Oceanview staterooms sleep up to 5 so those are an option.

I can't help with Sun, sorry.

11 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

For Escape, the **700 staterooms (9700, 10700, etc.) are the best Oceanview options. On Getaway, the **700 are wheelchair accessible but not on Escape.

On Getaway (and Escape) some of the Oceanview staterooms sleep up to 5 so those are an option.

Hi Two Wheels Only, do you know whether the staterooms that sleep 5 on the Getaway and Escape are any bigger than the other staterooms?  TIA!

I like the forward facing ocean views. getaway and escape does not have an observation area like on the other ships and these ships can be impossible to get forward facing views due to the extended vibe area on top of the ship

Edited by shof515

3 hours ago, Flossygirl said:

Hi ... do you know whether the staterooms that sleep 5 on the Getaway and Escape are any bigger than the other staterooms?  TIA!

Family Oceanviews on the Escape & Getaway (also, 95% sure for the Breakaway & Joy as their configurations to sleep 5 are nearly identical) are bigger than the typical Oceanviews with picture window, I believe the Sun's Family OV aren't as big in comparison, but like the Sun's "regular" OV, there is a small sofa/loveseat size in the cabin (others can confirm or clarify this)

Escape's "O5" or Family OV that sleep up to 5, much bigger than 160 sq.ft. to as much as 239 sq.ft. - bathroom has double sink and most have a bathtub/shower combo (high step-in height, however)  Has 2 HDTV monitors, extra closet & storage, shelf space and a much longer dresser/desk surface ... USB charging ports integrated into the bedside USB lamps during ship's recent drydock as an upgrade, not necessary all and for other cabin categories.  Search in YT under "NCL Escape. One of my favorite cabin. FAMILY SIZE Ocean VIEW ..." uploaded about 3 years ago.  

YT video link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP1tc9hs-88

We also stayed in an accessible OV on the Escape about 5 years ago ... Deck 5 Mid/Fwd - and that was huge, unbelievable in size but it only sleeps 2.  

Stay tuned, will have an updated Family OV cabin photos, details & other comments next month ... as part of a (probably, abbreviated Trip Report or Pictorial Review) 

@Flossygirl Just realized ... hello to "down under" - "yes" to the Q, not same cabin # but very close & nearby, starboard side - should be virtually identical (from what I've checked - has the same tub/shower combo ... which is very similar to our Joy's 2 BR Family Inside w virtual balcony last May as far as the (main) bathroom goes).    It will be very spacious for 2 of us in that cabin, and helpful to have 3 (three) 110v outlet plus 1 (one) 220v wall outlet - along with 2 bedside USB charging port (and, I don't worry about someone "hacking" it or attempting to install malware or hack into our devices) 

• Like 1

Hi mking8288 and hi to "big apple"!  We've been there too!  Great place.  We live in a suburb of Brisbane where literally the koalas are in the trees and the kangaroos jump down the street.  True story!  I love our koalas the most but also love the roos. 😀

When you say "We also stayed in an accessible OV on the Escape about 5 years ago ... Deck 5 Mid/Fwd - and that was huge, unbelievable in size but it only sleeps 2." do you remember which cabin that was?  TIA!

On 8/29/2023 at 10:59 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

Hi Two Wheels Only, well luck was on my side today.  I managed to secure cabin 10700 for our next Mediterranean cruise.  You're right, they are the best pick of the bunch on that ship.  I'm happy as a pig in poop!  Thank you for the tip - worth its weight in gold.  To top it all off, as I was talking to the travel consultant Norwegian had a price drop on that cabin!  Can you believe that?!  True!  Got $300 off.  Yay!  Must be the fairy dust I've been throwing around lately 🤣😂

@Flossygirl  Greetings from up "north" again ... those lovely koalas.  Those darn useless CC "Search" options came up empty, nothing, zero results despite all efforts - thanks to Bard & Google, was able to locate & restored hyperlinks to previously broken links to the semi-live reviews earlier, which are often helpful.  Here is that full review or trip report, enjoy reading & going thru the pix again.  Post #28 - has pictures of our cabin ... compared to a regular oceanview, it was big ... perhaps I shouldn't use the word "huge" to describe it.  Plenty of space within for 2 persons to appreciate, and there is an electrical outside inside, near the entry door to recharge an electric scooter/wheelchair onboard, as permitted.  Others were kept elsewhere & stored by the steward nearby.  I should also note that for emergency & safety reasons, in case a crew member has to access the cabin when the red "help" button is activated, the cabin door cannot be doubled lock from the inside ... that was our understanding, please check & ask the Access Desk or steward about it.  Be sure to use the "Do Not Disturb" button appropriately if you desire privacy while inside your cabin. 

Answer - OV on starboard side, I'm 99% sure it was #5706, which is exactly a mirror one of #5708 next door, with 2 more on the port side.  Accessible Family Oceanviews are even bigger, they sleep up to 5 from what I saw - #5738 and 5740, and, also #5138 and #5140 - those were "huge" for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help mking8288 - appreciate it.  Now I have the cabin all I need is to secure the flights with our frequent flyer points and we'll be away.  Easier said than done! 🙄  Unfortunately, flying anywhere from Australia is long-haul and my hubby won't do it unless he goes business class. 🤪 

• Like 1