December Cruise around Northern Europe - Do they do any Festive differences?

RBrowny

Hi,

I am sailing on the Euribia on the 15th December and have been hearing different things about what MSC do to make the boat feel Christmassy/festive. I have seen a post on another ship that they turn the pool deck into little huts and have hot chocolate, bratwurst and other festive treats on there. I can't find anything concrete, but I am wondering if anyone else has done the same itinerary and noticed that they do things like this during the month of December.

Thank you

Just now, Stocksy82 said:

We're sailing on the 24th November so unfortunately think we're going to miss all of the fun festivities 😥

Ah, potentially. Maybe a week too soon! Hope you have an amazing time.

Same to you, most of the Xmas Markets should be started by then. Can't wait but a little apprehensive if it's at full capacity, hoping there will be less kids due to the date and as such lower numbers overall.

Edited by Stocksy82

1 minute ago, Stocksy82 said:

Same to you, most of the Xmas Markets should be started by then. Can't wait but a little apprehensive if it's at full capacity, hoping there will be less kids due to the date and as such power numbers overall.

This was my thinking too, but I'm going with my mother and she loves Christmas markets. Can't wait

I was on the Virtuosa last mid  December and xmas markets were in full flow in most of the places we went to and I love my Xmas markets. We went the year before last but places were still coming out of covid so a bit restricted. End of Nov is when Xmas markets season starts so you should be OK.

On the ship there were decorations and trees and the staff had their Xmas hats on. They had a snow party on the pool deck and there were games and Xmas huts to get your mulled wine etc from. It was really cold but they made an effort and lots of people went. When we went the year before it was on the Magnifica and it was the last week of November but into the 1st week of December and the staff were starting to put the decks up on the ship that week.

I have booked the same cruise again December 2024 on the Preziosa. Missing this year as needing a bit of sun, so on the Seascape in December across the pond. 

I hope you have lovely time 🎅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Did the Meraviglia in early December and it was decked out --- trees and decorations everywhere.  It was charming.

6 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

On the ship there were decorations and trees and the staff had their Xmas hats on. They had a snow party on the pool deck and there were games and Xmas huts to get your mulled wine etc from. It was really cold but they made an effort and lots of people went. When we went the year before it was on the Magnifica and it was the last week of November but into the 1st week of December and the staff were starting to put the decks up on the ship that week.

I hope you have lovely time 🎅

Thank you, to you both. I've heard mixed from different people. But both your answers sound promising, so I'm really looking forward to it now. I think my mum will be super excited if there's xmas huts on deck too, or on board.

• Like 1

MSC sometimes decorate the ship, but most of the time they use the massive screen to do christmas things on. The ship may stop at every port to pick up passengers, but that won't affect your itinerary. Most of the ports you will visit have christmas decorations and markets in the towns/cities. The ship shouldn't be maximum capacity, probably around 5000/6000 guests as it's a week too soon for most school holidays.

Edited by SolentCruises

On 9/1/2023 at 9:38 PM, SolentCruises said:

MSC sometimes decorate the ship, but most of the time they use the massive screen to do christmas things on. The ship may stop at every port to pick up passengers, but that won't affect your itinerary. Most of the ports you will visit have christmas decorations and markets in the towns/cities. The ship shouldn't be maximum capacity, probably around 5000/6000 guests as it's a week too soon for most school holidays.

I hope they do the screens but also on board - that would be awesome. I know about the itinerary, done my research. It was just more for on board. Hope it's not at capacity, as it could be very crowded inside. 

On 9/2/2023 at 12:04 AM, Essiesmom said:

I’m sailing Seashore on December 10 and hoping there will be some decorations up.  EM

I imagine it definitely will be!