food requests

zship

If you need that to survive, i would write to special services before your cruise to request. While Silversea aims to please and puts forth enormous effort to do so, they aren’t magicians( some think they are).  They might have to request it be brought onboard for you.

Edited by spinnaker2

I always request lactose free whole milk at least a month before a cruise.  Some cruise lines are better than others at having it onboard.  It's annoying when they bring skim milk, or worse, soy milk.  On one cruise line I had to specify lactose free cow milk on the breakfast card.  Keeping a sense of humor helps.  

Edited by Travel2Learn
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, canderson said:

They haven't seen my penchant for lamb chops yet! 😁

There are lamb chops on the menu in Atlantide every night....you get 3. IF you want double that amount just ask🙂

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

There are lamb chops on the menu in Atlantide every night....you get 3. IF you want double that amount just ask🙂

Excellent news!  Do they prepare them differently from time to time (e.g. herb crusted or en croute, etc) or is it the same each night?

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Yum!  Looking forward to lamb chops!  I hope they are on the menu every night on Nova.  Is room service in a deluxe veranda limited to the room service menu?  Can I get lamb chops in room service during dinner hours?  Is shrimp cocktail available in room service between 12 and 5pm?  

19 hours ago, Travel2Learn said:

Do they have lactose free whole milk?

On Dawn a couple of weeks ago there was lactose free milk, soy milk, almond milk, and both whole and skim cow’s milk. After I wrote the request on the room service breakfast menu, my butler brought me a litre carton to keep in my suite refrigerator.

Edited by Port Power

2 minutes ago, Port Power said:

On Dawn a couple of weeks ago there was lactose free milk, soy milk, almond milk, and both whole and skim cow’s milk.

Was the lactose free cow milk whole or 2%? I do not want skim or low fat milk.  I'll request the milk at the same time as notifying Silversea of food allergies.  

Edited by Travel2Learn

12 minutes ago, Travel2Learn said:

Yum!  Looking forward to lamb chops!  I hope they are on the menu every night on Nova.  Is room service in a deluxe veranda limited to the room service menu?  Can I get lamb chops in room service during dinner hours?  Is shrimp cocktail available in room service between 12 and 5pm?  

You can order room service dinner from the Atlantide menu or the room service menu. Or put in a special request with reasonable notice.

3 minutes ago, Travel2Learn said:

Was the lactose free cow milk whole or 2%? I do not want skim or low fat milk.  I'll request the milk at the same time as notifying Silversea of food allergies.  

Whole.  I would have preferred reduced fat lactose free milk for a cappuccino, but was very happy just to be able to have the occasional one at all.

17 hours ago, canderson said:

Excellent news!  Do they prepare them differently from time to time (e.g. herb crusted or en croute, etc) or is it the same each night?

Hi, the ones I have eaten have been the same but you can always speak to the Maitr'd.

16 hours ago, Travel2Learn said:

Sorry, I don't know.

18 hours ago, Travel2Learn said:

Room service menus are the same for all suite categories; so your choices are not limited by your cabin category. Shrimp cocktail is on the room service menu and therefore available at any time.

Can’t answer Re: lamb chops. 

15 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Room service menus are the same for all suite categories; so your choices are not limited by your cabin category. Shrimp cocktail is on the room service menu and therefore available at any time.

Can’t answer Re: lamb chops. 

I already answered this 18 hours ago.  The Atlantide menu is available for in-room dining every night, and lamb chops are included on the Atlatide menu.

Edited by Port Power

4 hours ago, Port Power said:

I already answered this 18 hours ago.  The Atlantide menu is available for in-room dining every night, and lamb chops are included on the Atlatide menu.

Wasn't sure if the Atlantide menu was available for all stateroom categories.  Some cruise lines limit this service to higher categories.