Go up to Diamond Head without hiking it?

pompeii

We'll be in Honolulu for a day in early October and plan to get tickets for the Waikiki Trolley.  One of the four lines, the Green Line, goes up to Diamond Head and the rest of its route more or less overlaps parts of the Red and Blue lines, which we plan to take.  My husband isn't up for hiking to the top of Diamond Head, so I'm wondering if it's worth taking the Green route that goes up there.  Is there anything to see driving up to Diamond Head without taking the hike?

image.thumb.png.4e7443dec80f86dc855ff2183378c7ad.png

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

You can get to the parking lot in the crater by vehicle, but not to the top. That is only by foot.

Thanks. I did realize that so I guess I’m asking if there’s anything to see driving up as far as the trolley goes. 

6 hours ago, pompeii said:

We'll be in Honolulu for a day in early October and plan to get tickets for the Waikiki Trolley.  One of the four lines, the Green Line, goes up to Diamond Head and the rest of its route more or less overlaps parts of the Red and Blue lines, which we plan to take.  My husband isn't up for hiking to the top of Diamond Head, so I'm wondering if it's worth taking the Green route that goes up there.  Is there anything to see driving up to Diamond Head without taking the hike?

Diamond Head is a volcano crater. The Green Line goes into the crater.

spc,resource,57855,p,0,null,DH%20Aerial.

• Like 1