Playa Mia vs Chankanaab?

JenTX4NYC

Which one is better? We will be with a two-year-old.

also open to other ideas if anyone has advice for best things to do with a 2-year-old in Cozumel. We are going on RCCL and it doesn’t look like we have many options for this age group on any other excursions through them…..

40 minutes ago, JenTX4NYC said:

Which one is better? We will be with a two-year-old.

also open to other ideas if anyone has advice for best things to do with a 2-year-old in Cozumel. We are going on RCCL and it doesn’t look like we have many options for this age group on any other excursions through them…..

Never done Playa Mia as it always sounds crowded. 

Chankanaab is good but went with children a little older than two. 

We have done day passes to Allegro and Park Royal at that age. Allegro has good beach and kiddie pool with waterpark. Park Royal is convenient as no transport necessary, so cheaper and easier to get back and forth to ship. Inside buffet out of heat, small kids pool and kids club. It has been some time since we went to either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 10:58 AM, mitsugirly said:

I think Playa Mia would be best because they have the kiddie waterpark that would be appropriate for a small child, they had a playground (not sure if it's still there) a large beach with easy entry. Click HERE for my pictures. 

Which would you recommend for older kids? We will have 11 and 12 years with us and trying to decide between these 2.

13 hours ago, evanskl4 said:

Which would you recommend for older kids? We will have 11 and 12 years with us and trying to decide between these 2.

Two very different places.  Playa Mia is a beach club with water toys, a kiddie splash area, etc.  Some cruise lines have excursions there, so it will likely be crowded.

Chank is a marine park that also has a beach - admission is about $20 each, but they offer a beach, separate snorkel area, wildlife shows, nature trails and the opportunity to swim with the dolphins (big extra fee!).

What do your 11 & 12 year old like to do?  Good snorkeling for less money at Money Bar (no beach) and other spots.  Better beach clubs (Paradise Beach offers better facilities, better food, and a HUGE pool) for those without toddlers.

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Two very different places.  Playa Mia is a beach club with water toys, a kiddie splash area, etc.  Some cruise lines have excursions there, so it will likely be crowded.

Chank is a marine park that also has a beach - admission is about $20 each, but they offer a beach, separate snorkel area, wildlife shows, nature trails and the opportunity to swim with the dolphins (big extra fee!).

What do your 11 & 12 year old like to do?  Good snorkeling for less money at Money Bar (no beach) and other spots.  Better beach clubs (Paradise Beach offers better facilities, better food, and a HUGE pool) for those without toddlers.

Thanks - this is helpful! We're actually a large group with 5 kids 11-12, and adults, so I was looking for a place where the adults can relax on them beach while the kids have adventurous things to keep them busy. I was actually considering Paradise Beach as well, and sounds like it might be a good option for us!

3 hours ago, evanskl4 said:

Thanks - this is helpful! We're actually a large group with 5 kids 11-12, and adults, so I was looking for a place where the adults can relax on them beach while the kids have adventurous things to keep them busy. I was actually considering Paradise Beach as well, and sounds like it might be a good option for us!

With that goal in mind I think Paradise Beach would be perfect. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, merinski said:

At Chankanaab does the entrance fee allow you to use the whole park, like the sea lion show...?

The entrance fee is $26 from what I see...

Yes..

The map on the website indicates what is included and what is extra.