Carnival Destiny Passenger Arrested In Barbados

cruisingbajan

Has anyone heard this? I was reading the local paper this morning and there is an article(with picture) of a Destiny passenger who was arrested for shoplifting in the Bridgetown Port.:eek:

She went on a "shopping spree" at quite a few stores at the port and was subsequently arrested and fined. She was also charged for resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer. She missed the ship's departure on Wednesday because she was in a holding cell.

I guess her cruise ended up costing her more than she bargained for. When questioned she said she did not know why she stole the articles:confused:

It is a very sad situation.

or a french fry short of a Happy Meal

:confused:

Sorry...Keith,we are not all like that..

brn2crz... I know not everyone is like that and it is actually the first time i've known a situation like this to happen.(made the paper)

Honestly from the picture that was printed in the paper...she does not look as if she is playing with a full deck:eek:

We had a gentleman arrested in Jamaica after takng the Bob Marley bus. Seems he bought a bag of "sweet smoke" and left part of the baggie hanging out of his pocket. Not only was he arrested but, his entire party was thrown off the ship. Carnival booted them off with only what they were wearing and the Victory left port without any of their party. What a way to treat your traveling party! I wonder if his family is talking to him yet?

brn2crz... I know not everyone is like that and it is actually the first time i've known a situation like this to happen.(made the paper)

Honestly from the picture that was printed in the paper...she does not look as if she is playing with a full deck:eek:

Oh, I want to see this picture!

Has anyone heard this? I was reading the local paper this morning and there is an article(with picture) of a Destiny passenger who was arrested for shoplifting in the Bridgetown Port.:eek:

She went on a "shopping spree" at quite a few stores at the port and was subsequently arrested and fined. She was also charged for resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer. She missed the ship's departure on Wednesday because she was in a holding cell.

I guess her cruise ended up costing her more than she bargained for. When questioned she said she did not know why she stole the articles:confused:

Why is this a sad situation? A person is caught committing crimes, is punished and has to bear the consequences. This type behavior is what gives tourists bad names in lots of places.

They would not have to "boot me off the ship" if someone in my family got arrested and could not continue the journey. I would feel obliged to stay. I mean, how could anyone enjoy the rest of the cruise in that situation? I doubt Carnival did anything except let them disembark voluntarily. If the arrest happened on Jamacain soil, it is not an issue for the ship to even be concerned with, except to know the passenger won't be returning.

I think being told something like "if you get arrested in port, Carnival will kick your family off the boat" is not true at all.

Now, if the ship's security discovered the contraband on the ship, I can see them having reason to kick the offender off.

Sounds like she was a few sandwiches short of a picnic! :p

See, now if she had just called room service the night before and smuggled a couple BLT's off the boat, she'd probably have been alright ;)

*closes eyes and ducks the crockpot being hurled*

Why is this sad? :confused: If she's guilty, throw the book at her. Turning the criminal into the victim serves no logical purpose.

Why is this sad? :confused: If she's guilty, throw the book at her. Turning the criminal into the victim serves no logical purpose.

Agreed.....the only sad thing here is the shop owner having to watch for those type people.:rolleyes:

Gee Wiz, it may be another country but they do have a little thing called cops & a government though...just like the U.S.:rolleyes:

Why is this a sad situation? A person is caught committing crimes, is punished and has to bear the consequences. This type behavior is what gives tourists bad names in lots of places.

"Sad situation" may have been a poor choice of phrase. I just found it hard to fathom why someone would spend so much money on a cruise and then attempt to steal a few cheap/petty items.:confused: It is just beyond me that is all. Like a few posters said all may not have been right with the lady.

Is it true that since you became a host you have been posting less?
He doesn't have time to post, he's too busy moving and deleting off-topic posts and threads. :rolleyes:

Archived