Any southern ON users of ONEXBUS to get to Pearson (or Billy Bishop)?

rodndonna

10 hours ago, Fred&Lily said:

Robert Q is far too expensive and they don't have enough shuttles going to Detroit (DTW) or to Toronto (YYZ) and I did once miss a flight because the Robert Q got stuck on 401 near Waterloo - not their fault. Now I always drive and park at the airport which means Terminal 3 parking at Toronto and Big Blue Deck at Detroit. We've done over 20 cruises and the non-stop flights to all Florida airports from DTW are plentiful and always half the price of Air Canada and WestJet. I watch Spirit schedules from DTW for their $35 midweek flights to Fort Myers and Fort Lauderdale just to go and play golf.

The OneXbus picks up at the Flying J (Highbury and 401) So you still need somebody to drive you there and then pick you up when you get back.

One more: Look at the crazy cheap flights from DTW to MCO and other FL airports on Frontier Airlines!!!

Thanks Fred!

I agree, RobertQ is pricey.  As an example our for our upcoming cruise from Venice (booked through FLigtease with HAL), we paid less than an additional $150 each to fly form London with the Pearson connection, so would have been more expensive to fly direct from Pearson and take that bus (which is around $200 each)

Will definitely look at Detroit for Florida flights as we are doing one at least one Caribbean cruise a year. Gotta look into that Florida golf thing though, we're both golfers!

I'm not sure there is as much benefit with European flights or our flights back to the East Coast (gotta head home 2-3 times a year). 

We're quite close to Western and the Via station, so would actually just take the short Uber (or walk) to those departures from ONExBus and MegaBus.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

As OP of this thread, I thought I would come back and report on our "can we take a bus to the airport?" experience for our latest cruise.

We had our "mystery" NCL BOGO flights assigned about a month in advance of the trip, so had some time to research options based on our flight itineraries - 

In the end, from London Ontario we now have 5 options for taking a bus from London Ontario to Toronto Pearson (some or all go to downtown for Billy Bishop as well)

• Robert Q 
  • MegaBus
  • FlixBus
  • ONExBus
  • Intercity Bus

We discounted using RobertQ as is is quite pricey, and we would have then just sucked it up and drove for that pricing,

Of the 4 others, all price in comparably (some with price varying depending on when you bought) at around $25 taxes included per person, varying different schedules (they all seem to have avoided overlaping each other for schedules) and all had differences in options for pickup and dropoff locations. 

We went with InterCity Bus which seems to be a newer player in the Ontario bus market. They have a terminal in what I assume is the old Grehound terminal downtown London and we picked it as we can walk (or short cab) to the bus terminal, and their schedules worked well our flights for both directions.

The process was pretty seamless and our trips were on time in both directions (with a text update to a minor change in schedule in advance). Would not hesitate to use them (or try one of the other bus lines) again.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, willing292 said:

We use VIA Rail and the Up Express.  Usually, very reliable. 

A few more dollars but worth it for the comfort if the schedule works but schedule options are very limited compared to options across the buses and why we were looking at buses. 

Some day maybe we will have Gotrain out here in London 😃