Time off NCL Encore-Seattle

clbl99

37 minutes ago, clbl99 said:

We have 10 traveling on the Encore 9/24 with a return of 10/1. I am looking to book Uber for the return and not sure what time? Maybe 1030am pickup?

Thanks!

According to a Freestlye Daily posted from The Encore-- Last call off the ship is around 9:30 A.M.

Alaskan Way (street in front of the terminal) is  extremely congested on disembarkation morning.  Very very little drop off or pick-up space.  If you are going to call a car service, ask thier suggestion for a meeting place and time.

54 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

According to a Freestlye Daily posted from The Encore-- Last call off the ship is around 9:30 A.M.

Alaskan Way (street in front of the terminal) is  extremely congested on disembarkation morning.  Very very little drop off or pick-up space.  If you are going to call a car service, ask thier suggestion for a meeting place and time.

In searching a bit I think we will walk over to the Pier and hang out. Our flights are not until 430pm. Maybe by then it will clear out.

39 minutes ago, clbl99 said:

In searching a bit I think we will walk over to the Pier and hang out. Our flights are not until 430pm. Maybe by then it will clear out.

Some thoughts for you:

(1) Check to see if you qualify for the Port Valet Program.  Free program from the Port Of Seattle, your luggage is sent directly from the ship to your specific flight and you pick them up at your final destination.  You receive your boarding passes the day before the cruise ends.

(2) Sign up for a post cruise excursion that ends at the airport.  You board a bus on Alaskan Way in front of the terminal building and drop you at the airport at the end of the tour.

(3) Purchase transfers from the ship to the airport.  Depending on traffic you could arrive at the airport before 10 A.M. and be sitting at the airport for several hours.

Enjoy your cruise and your time in Seattle.

15 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Some thoughts for you:

(1) Check to see if you qualify for the Port Valet Program.  Free program from the Port Of Seattle, your luggage is sent directly from the ship to your specific flight and you pick them up at your final destination.  You receive your boarding passes the day before the cruise ends.

(2) Sign up for a post cruise excursion that ends at the airport.  You board a bus on Alaskan Way in front of the terminal building and drop you at the airport at the end of the tour.

(3) Purchase transfers from the ship to the airport.  Depending on traffic you could arrive at the airport before 10 A.M. and be sitting at the airport for several hours.

Enjoy your cruise and your time in Seattle.

Great idea! I have never heard this but it says we can book it on the ship, it will be a sign up sheet in our cabins! That is great then we can go walk around at out leisure. Thank you!

1 hour ago, clbl99 said:

Great idea! I have never heard this but it says we can book it on the ship, it will be a sign up sheet in our cabins! That is great then we can go walk around at out leisure. Thank you!

I believe that you sign up for the Program at the Guest Services Desk Deck 6 in the lobby.

46 minutes ago, clbl99 said:

Because?

Because you can't swing a cat without hitting one.  Seriously, I've used Uber and Lyft many times to/from the Port in Seattle and the average wait time is under five minutes.

Have you used Uber or Lyft before in a metropolitan area?

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Because you can't swing a cat without hitting one.  Seriously, I've used Uber and Lyft many times to/from the Port in Seattle and the average wait time is under five minutes.

Have you used Uber or Lyft before in a metropolitan area?

No I haven't. There are 10 of us though so we need the 6 passenger vans

39 minutes ago, cxc362 said:

Thanks so much for the Port Valet insight and link! I just made my reservation for next month.

Excellent!  I’ve never used it either, but have it scheduled for our sailing.  Which ship/sailing are you on?  We’re on the Encore on October 8.

Used port valet early August in Seattle. Worked well. We set our bags out the last night and didn't see them until we got to the home airport. We kept a backpack each with our last bit of clothes and paperwork. Got a map as we were exiting the port terminal and figured out how to get to the light rail to the space needle and other things we wanted to see. Later in the day we took the rail to the airport. Didn't bother with an uber or taxi. Another option - they have a luggage check area located between where you drop your bags with the porter and the entrance to get on the ship. Think it was $5 per bag and they would hold until 3:30 - since I didn't use I'm not real sure on hours, etc.