Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

1 hour ago, LargeNegroni said:

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I have loved everything, your positivity and humour is fab.

Please keep it going . I would definitely vote for a 💩 button! 

Thank you for your kind words. I don't sweat the small stuff, but I do call it like I see it. My positivity is a result of both ships doing an excellent job 👍 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Thank you for your kind words. I don't sweat the small stuff, but I do call it like I see it. My positivity is a result of both ships doing an excellent job 👍 

Yes, but it all depends what you see. Some people on Cunard seem to see only rust or mismatched salt and pepper pots. It is nice when people see things they enjoy.

• Like 10

Another one over from the Cunard boards who is enjoying reading your trip report. I think you are the same age as me, I've just turned 36. I've always enjoyed a Cunard cruise so I hope you continue to have a good time.

I'm on board the QV in 30 days and your report is getting me excited for all my usual Cunard favourites - especially the donuts, when they get it right they are really good.

• Like 11

Got my walk done. Attempted to do laundry but so did everyone else. My mom opted to miss lunch to get it done. I have my priorities straight. 

I may be in a Carnival t-shirt tomorrow 🤪.

It's very nice they have complementary laundry facilities. 

The lunch menu pardon the shadow.

20231013_071410.thumb.jpg.c4e06fe0f9ec33e08f5629d54ad886a9.jpg

20231013_071419.thumb.jpg.4d3aecb4890152084ac226820eaa2a87.jpg

The menu at the buffet. 

20231013_051641.thumb.jpg.1722e2d2a25d13f921fd9fc5027ddb94.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Yes, but it all depends what you see. Some people on Cunard seem to see only rust or mismatched salt and pepper pots. It is nice when people see things they enjoy.

Same way on Carnival. I will be on the lookout for mismatched salt and pepper, some standards do need to be maintained. 

1 hour ago, tacticalbanjo said:

Another one over from the Cunard boards who is enjoying reading your trip report. I think you are the same age as me, I've just turned 36. I've always enjoyed a Cunard cruise so I hope you continue to have a good time.

I'm on board the QV in 30 days and your report is getting me excited for all my usual Cunard favourites - especially the donuts, when they get it right they are really good.

That donut was really unexpectedly good. As another mentioned, that's something most cruise lines cannot get right.

Thanks for reading along and enjoy your upcoming cruise!

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

The sandwich was nice and tasty. The fries still leave a bit to be desired.

The spaghetti was also very good. I'm once again impressed at how hot the food arrives. 

For dessert I got the milk chocolate tart.

20231013_073723.thumb.jpg.22b0118845c7a035ab4fe78a80e0600f.jpg

I don't think I've had a dessert in the dining room yet that wasn't a solid 9 or 10. 

• Like 10

Enjoying my DIY iced caramel mocha. Sitting up top here at the front of the ship, this is the first time I've felt the ship's movement. It is a little windy out today.

Meeting up with my mom for tea time at 3. I think it's going to be too busy with this being a sea day but we will see.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

That scale has got to be broken!

Doubt it the way I'm eating 😆. I'm just happy it's going back up slowly. I think it is because Cunard is using less high caloric sauces to enhance the flavor of lower quality ingredients. 

• Like 10