Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

Good morning from the high seas.

There is some rocking this morning and I think I am going to take a motion pill as a precaution.

I still didn't do laundry and now with it being a sea day I fear the laundry rooms will be busy. I may continue to put it off 😆

• Like 8

Just now, exlondoner said:

At least it explains the omission of Ajaccio. Was it going to be a tender port? We docked there when I went.

I believe we were docked but the captain said the harbor master closed the port to all ships and ferries so I don't think a tender was the issue.

I checked the weather for Ajaccio this morning and it isn't pretty.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

What didn't you like, the Thai Salad or the Crispy Whitebait? It's an unusual combination. 

The bait. I guess I didn't expect it to be actual bait. I can't eat foods that still look like the animal they used to be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

So that’s what gateau opera looks like. For some reason I’ve never had it, but will next time. Hope the pineapple was the expected temp.

My mom said it was very good. The gateau was good too can highly recommend. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My mom finally flagged someone down for her other dessert. 

Pear almond tart.

20231020_073905.thumb.jpg.2c3cb59a85022a264b70467b0bf14c41.jpg

I didn't keep track of times because lunch is usually quick. There was a 23 minute gap between when I finished my meal and made a post, and received my dessert and made another post.

Very slow service today. I wonder if they were not able to staff up for the unexpected sea day.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

My mom finally flagged someone down for her other dessert. 

Pear almond tart.

20231020_073905.thumb.jpg.2c3cb59a85022a264b70467b0bf14c41.jpg

I didn't keep track of times because lunch is usually quick. There was a 23 minute gap between when I finished my meal and made a post, and received my dessert and made another post.

Very slow service today. I wonder if they were not able to staff up for the unexpected sea day.

I don’t know what angle you photographed the plate from, but, whatever it was, it doesn’t look as if the Cunard emblem is at the top. You need to get on to that as well! 🙂 I don’t know how it works, but wouldn't you think that, as the staff who were going ashore are obviously still on the ship, they would be happy to postpone their day off? But maybe they do need a rest.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I don’t know what angle you photographed the plate from, but, whatever it was, it doesn’t look as if the Cunard emblem is at the top. You need to get on to that as well! 🙂 I don’t know how it works, but wouldn't you think that, as the staff who were going ashore are obviously still on the ship, they would be happy to postpone their day off? But maybe they do need a rest.

Upon further review, there does not appear to be any consistency in the placement of the logo. There are clearly some training deficiencies that need addressing 🤣

I imagine the crew are worked at or very close to the maximum hours allowed by law and can only pivot their schedules so much for an unexpected sea day. 

Or there are a number unable to work through the rocky seas. Something was definitely up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6