Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

The noodles were indeed chopped up. Maybe they cook faster that way? Idk, it was very good either way.

The salmon cakes were good as well although I will admit I've had better interpretations of this dish.

For dessert I got bitter and blanc and double roasted pineapple 732

16984315529625964451452814617486.thumb.jpg.c1dc36fc0520cb676e97467f3a9f17a5.jpg

Love bitters n blanc

• Like 4

5 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Can I thank you for being so patient with all my questions. It won’t win me over to Carnival, I don’t think, but always available smoked salmon sandwiches make it a close thing. 🙂

You both should make a deal, one goes to Gala night and the other goes on Carnival and then come back here and provide report of findings 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

I only bought this to try and spend what euros I had left because the prices were cheaper than I had anticipated. 

Just kidding, upload failed. 

Anyways it's lemoncello and I thought I could sip it but no. I've mixed it with lemonade let's see if it's drinkable now.

Another failed upload.

Welcome to the text only portion of the live review 🙄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

54 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

You both should make a deal, one goes to Gala night and the other goes on Carnival and then come back here and provide report of findings 😀

I will go to Gala night but I will need a sponsor to get me back on Cunard and to rent a suit 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

My new phone is the epitome of modern tech designed to require accessories to function. 

First I dropped it, very gently from my pocket to the carpeted floor. It fell on the back, not on the glass. Shattered. I dropped my old, cheap phone, onto a concrete floor, not even a scratch.

My old phone's battery could go on and on forever, This one I have to charge constantly. I turned it off just now because it was already dead again and I couldn't post anyway. I turned it back on at 15%, made my post above and it dropped immediately to 9%.

What the heck? I walked from the comedy club where I was at, to the night club a mere 200 feet away. Went to make a post, and its dead. Like 0% dead. 

So looks like after paying $200 for $20 worth of tech, I need to spend more money on a phone case and mobile battery charger.

Charging it up now then probably going to grab some late night snacks and hit my bed. On my laptop now, which hasn't been charged in days.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

What do you think of Andy? He was really fun as the comedy club host. 

Megan coming in with the hard hitting questions.

I like Andy but...

This deserves a well thought out response when I'm fully functional so I will answer this tomorrow.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, chryso said:

I see your spaghetti is cut up.  Just wondering, do you have the appearance of a toddler?

No offense if so.

They have to be buying it that way.  I see it in the grocery store and wonder what the heck, just buy spaghetti and break it up or cut it with a knife for a child.  Although my sons grew up with choo choo wheels because they weren’t a fan of homemade pasta when they were younger.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

If I want it, I have to pay for it 🙂

Yes, unfortunately some items come with an upcharge. Most of the food is included but there are a few things that come with an extra fee. Most are reasonable and there are far fewer upcharges than RCL and the like. This one is not a reasonable upcharge, but for an occasional treat I help Carnival pay down their debt.

And as a shareholder, I thank you and say "please enjoy regularly and frequently."🫣

And your sharing it with others is recognized and appreciated. 

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning from Las Palmas. 

My mom has the last of her Euros to spend today so good news for any vendors selling their wares today.

My research indicates the city is very walkable but also that the hop on hop off is pretty good so my plans could go either way today.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

Oh another deal like you got will come up again. 

I priced out a 52 night South America cruise round trip from Ft. Lauderdale. Quite a bit of sticker shock 😲 

Guess I need to set my sights a little lower than 52 nights 😆 

• Haha 10

See all these people?

16984846853154923709835833489870.thumb.jpg.08bc49b77d0f6b6e56528923898ef892.jpg

See the no smoking bunkering in progress sign?

They don't.

Someone just came and removed the ashtrays guess that's their way of telling them without telling them 😆 

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10