Options for Pre Cruise Hotel Ft Lauderdale

cleobella

I am looking for suggestions regarding good hotels to stay at for 1 night before cruising out of Port Everglades. We will be driving from Orlando, I wonder if it would be cheaper to stay a bit farther away, or is it worth the convenience to use a hotel closer to port? Are there any "park and go" hotels where we can safely leave our car for a week?

Hyatt Place 17th street convention center is our go to hotel. We have over 20 cruises and have been to lots of hotels in this area. Its clean, modern, smaller, has breakfast, shuttles to the port and airport. Has parking, and can be booked though, Valuetrips.com. for a great savings. We have used Valuetrips over 5 times never a problem. Booking though them only holds your reservation, no charges until your stay. Close to lots of places to eat also.

I would look at booking hotels that are 30-60 minutes out from the port, as most times these are much cheaper for comparable hotels.  While we like the above mentioned Hyatt Place 17th Street, there are other HP locations in Dania Beach and especially Plantation that are just as nice and often half (or less) the price.  Just an example that I am familiar with.

9 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I would look at booking hotels that are 30-60 minutes out from the port, as most times these are much cheaper for comparable hotels.  While we like the above mentioned Hyatt Place 17th Street, there are other HP locations in Dania Beach and especially Plantation that are just as nice and often half (or less) the price.  Just an example that I am familiar with.

Agree completely. While we also prefer the close proximity of the 17th St strip to Port Everglades, hotel pricing in that area fluctuates wildly depending on the time of year (the OP didn't mention when they are sailing) We tend to find that Dania Beach and Plantation hotels aren't as expensive as on 17th in high season, and at the very peak travel times, hotel pricing in Plantation can be significantly lower than 17th St, and even lower than Dania Beach.

We ended up deciding to fly but I had booked with hyatt place on 17th street as they had parking packages and offered extended parking (I have a 20 day cruise) with a shuttle to the port and not far to get to upon return. I am still going to be staying there pre-cruise but not parking any more. If you are wanting room only valuetrips has a great option but need to book with hotel directly for the park and cruise package. 

On 9/5/2023 at 4:42 PM, cleobella said:

I am looking for suggestions regarding good hotels to stay at for 1 night before cruising out of Port Everglades. We will be driving from Orlando, I wonder if it would be cheaper to stay a bit farther away, or is it worth the convenience to use a hotel closer to port? Are there any "park and go" hotels where we can safely leave our car for a week?

It comes down to cost, your tolerance for higher rates for convenience, etc. Look at the websites ParkSleepFly.com and ParkSleepHotels.com to what is available and stick with hotels you know, i.e. Best Western, Hyatt, Marriott and so on.