Booking Confirmation Balance (from email) different from Website balance--Celebrity

Norwaygrrrl

Hi!

We are avid cruisers with Celebrity, and today I helped my elderly parents book a cruise (too bad I have to work and can't go this time). All went well; we printed out the booking confirmation that we received by email showing the details as well as the balance that is due. However, later, when I went back into the website account to add in some additional information (they will be celebrating birthdays), the balance showed twice as much as what it is on the booking confirmation we received in the email. The booking confirmation shows what we were told to pay at the end of the booking process; now it has doubled? I've tried to contact Celebrity, but to no avail. I don't understand how this discrepancy came about nor what to do about it. Has anyone ever experienced this? Thanks in advance for any advice. My parents are not technologically savvy and do not know what to do. 

Give it a week or so.  If they booked with AI the confirmation shows the final price.  However in the systems each component of AI is added to the price in one transaction and then another transaction credits out.  So give it time for the adds and credits to be processed and very likely you will see the amount match your confirmation.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Norwaygrrrl said:

Hi!

We are avid cruisers with Celebrity, and today I helped my elderly parents book a cruise (too bad I have to work and can't go this time). All went well; we printed out the booking confirmation that we received by email showing the details as well as the balance that is due. However, later, when I went back into the website account to add in some additional information (they will be celebrating birthdays), the balance showed twice as much as what it is on the booking confirmation we received in the email. The booking confirmation shows what we were told to pay at the end of the booking process; now it has doubled? I've tried to contact Celebrity, but to no avail. I don't understand how this discrepancy came about nor what to do about it. Has anyone ever experienced this? Thanks in advance for any advice. My parents are not technologically savvy and do not know what to do. 

Perhaps a glitch in the Celebrity system.  It’s good that you have a printed copy of your original confirmation.  If it all adds up correctly and you only added a few perks and the price doubled, I would definitely call Celebrity and speak to them about it.  

• Like 1

I just spent the day correcting this with Celebrity too.  We had been booked on the Reflection and the ship changed to the Beyond.  We were told everything would remain the same.  Checking our reservation this past weekend, we noticed that the price had gone up.  When contacting Celebrity, they admitted the fault was theirs and there was a glitch in their system.  Bottom line--check your cruises!

• Like 1