Koningsdam, Aft suite. deck 8

Latkebabka

I sailed the N. Statendam deck 8 aft.  Early in the morning I would hear the moving of deck chairs as the crew put them in place.  It was brief and it was not loud.  It did not bother me.  That was the only noise I encountered.  The convenience was nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My favorite location is aft on deck 8; if available we always book.  I love to be so close to the Lido and Seaview pool. As previously stated,  there is some noise in the morning when chairs are being arranged around the pool but it has always been after I am awake,  usually 8ish.  Also in the evening when the chair are being picked up but that is usually when I’m getting ready for dinner.  No smell of cigarette smoke.  Once on the Zuiderdam we had a bit of “ash” from the ship’s smoke stack on the verandah but it was only one day and was quickly cleaned up by our room steward.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had aft cabin 8188 on the Koningsdam this summer,  loved the easy access to the Lido and Seaview bar. No problems with smoke, only noise was arranging the chairs about 0630 by the pool. We are early risers so not an issue for us. Booked another deck 8 aft for next summer! Deck 8 is fully covered by the overhang so people can't look down on you and you can still enjoy the aft views in the rain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1