Free stateroom upgrade, Princess latest “special offer”

coops14

The OBC promotion has finished and been replaced with free stateroom upgrade. I’ve been checking the prices of a few different cruises. All of them have increased with this new promotion.  For example yesterday, the price of the 16 day grand European Explorer for a balcony cabin for 2 people was £4046, plus £300 OBC. Today, it’s nearly £6000 with no OBC for exactly the same cabin. I wonder if the next promotion will be half price plus and premium packages, but Princess have already increased their base price, so it won’t be a good deal at all. 

8 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

but lose the shine when applied.

I just did a test booking on my next cruise under the new 'rules' and I would have been about a couple of hundred dollars worse off. You just can't beat special offers!!

5 hours ago, coops14 said:

The OBC promotion has finished and been replaced with free stateroom upgrade. I’ve been checking the prices of a few different cruises. All of them have increased with this new promotion.  For example yesterday, the price of the 16 day grand European Explorer for a balcony cabin for 2 people was £4046, plus £300 OBC. Today, it’s nearly £6000 with no OBC for exactly the same cabin. I wonder if the next promotion will be half price plus and premium packages, but Princess have already increased their base price, so it won’t be a good deal at all. 

I was looking at a back to back yesterday which had $800 obc included. Today £500 more & no obc. I don't like paying a non refundable £1100 deposit so far out so never booked.