Miami hotels near the cruise port

karena1

I have some clients that need a hotel in Miami before their Freedom cruise in Jan

1.  Are there any hotels near the port that have shuttles from the airport?

2. Are there any hotels near the port that have shuttles to the port?

3.  Recommendations for a hotel near the port?

We drive to the port so really don't have experience with the hotels near the port, so anything something could recommend would be great. Not South Beach, but like on Biscayne or close to that area?

I think there is like an Intercontinental and Holiday Inn, but really have no experience there so would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

54 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I have some clients that need a hotel in Miami before their Freedom cruise in Jan

1.  Are there any hotels near the port that have shuttles from the airport?

2. Are there any hotels near the port that have shuttles to the port?

3.  Recommendations for a hotel near the port?

We drive to the port so really don't have experience with the hotels near the port, so anything something could recommend would be great. Not South Beach, but like on Biscayne or close to that area?

I think there is like an Intercontinental and Holiday Inn, but really have no experience there so would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

I want to add, on my next cruise from Miami, we intend to stay at the DoubleTree Biscanyne Bay  because of the view of the ports. (Be sure and pic a room with a view of the port) and at the EB hotel after the cruise which is a luxury hotel near the airport.

I would tell your clients to pick cruise dates that avoid the date of the Miami boat show.

5 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I want to add, on my next cruise from Miami, we intend to stay at the DoubleTree Biscanyne Bay  because of the view of the ports. (Be sure and pic a room with a view of the port) and at the EB hotel after the cruise which is a luxury hotel near the airport.

I would tell your clients to pick cruise dates that avoid the date of the Miami boat show.

They are doing 1/15/24 on Freedom.

54 minutes ago, karena1 said:

They are doing 1/15/24 on Freedom.

You're good.

The 2024 Discover Boating® Miami International Boat Show® returns February 14 – 18, 2024. For more information, visit www.miamiboatshow.com

I made the mistake of booking a cruise from FLL the weekend of the FLL boat show.  Very difficult to find rooms.  Very expensive.  Traffic was terrible.

Now, one of the things I always check is major events in the port area.  For example, you do not want to book a cruise when the super bowl is in town.

If you have more question, be sure an ask.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hoosier sailor said:

Just booked b2b cruises on Independence of the Seas for the 13th of April to the 22nd and now I am looking for a hotel near the port in Miami. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn years ago and am open to any others.

Suggest you google 'hotels near cruise port miami'.  You'll find many suggestions.

• Like 1

There are plenty of hotels near the port in both downtown Miami or in the Brickell area.  From the Intercontinental to The Four Seasons and all in between.  It would be easier to know what their hotel budget is. The list of hotels within a few miles is large. Hampton Inn Brickell is a great one and is a short ride. Anything in Brickell is just a few miles from the port.  

Intercontinental

JW Marriott Marquis

Kimpton Epic

JW Marriott Brickell

Four Seasons

SLS

W Miami

East Hotel

Hampton Inn Brickell

CitizenM Brickell

Atwell Suites

Hyatt Centric

SLS Lux

Mandarin Oriental

Element

Doubletree Grande

The list goes on and the prices vary greatly. 

As far as needing a shuttle to the port, Uber works extremely well and is usually less than shuttles.  I done it many times over there including when we would cruise from Port Miami and went from our condo on Brickell Ave.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

There are plenty of hotels near the port in both downtown Miami or in the Brickell area.  From the Intercontinental to The Four Seasons and all in between.  It would be easier to know what their hotel budget is. The list of hotels within a few miles is large. Hampton Inn Brickell is a great one and is a short ride. Anything in Brickell is just a few miles from the port.  

Intercontinental

JW Marriott Marquis

Kimpton Epic

JW Marriott Brickell

Four Seasons

SLS

W Miami

East Hotel

Hampton Inn Brickell

CitizenM Brickell

Atwell Suites

Hyatt Centric

SLS Lux

Mandarin Oriental

Element

Doubletree Grande

The list goes on and the prices vary greatly. 

Thanks for your help, any you would recommend? 

9 minutes ago, hoosier sailor said:

Thanks for your help, any you would recommend? 

I lived on Brickell for 8 years but have stayed in a few of them and also visited them when friends stayed.  

Personally, I have stayed in the Hampton Inn Brickell numerous times with the last visit being last month.  It's a great hotel with great service.  They did a major renovation just a couple of years ago and did a great job with the rooms.  

Also stayed at the Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental which were also amazing.  The JW Marriott is nice if you are in one of the renovated rooms. The lobby is older with the dark wood. 

East Hotel is great because it's right in Brickell City Centre.  CitizenM is brand new and literally right next door to Mary Brickell Village.  Some poster's will remember that spot as being the Original Perricones.  Small rooms but have heard it's very nice. I've only been to events at the JW Marriott Marquis and eaten at Bouluds so can't offer an opinion of those rooms.  I know people love the Intercontinental and it has a great view of the port and Biscayne Bay.  Again, only eaten in the restaurants there and as well as the Epic.  They Hyatt Centric is in a great location and I watch it being built.  The pool deck is very nice.  :You can also get a view of the port and Biscayne Bay from here.  Fantastic restaurant in this one. It's been years since I was inside the W but have friends that lived in that same complex.  Incredible pool deck!

There are other hotels in the area as well as in the downtown area.  Hilton properties, Marriott properties as well.  I would think you couldn't go wrong with any of those hotels on the list, it's just a matter of pricing and whether or not you are looking to enjoy the hotel or simply needing a place to spend the night.  

On 9/6/2023 at 9:09 AM, karena1 said:

20 hours ago, hoosier sailor said:

I am looking for a hotel near the port in Miami.

To me, the most important piece of information you can include is your budget for the night.

It does no good to get recommendations for the InterContinental Miami if your budget is $150 a night.

Besides the InterContinental Miami, my favorites are the Kimpton Epic and Hyatt Regency. A bit more moderate are the Aloft and Hyatt Centric.

19 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Suggest you google 'hotels near cruise port miami'.  You'll find many suggestions.

Why bother being on Cruise Critic, if not to offer specific, helpful advice? To paraphrase my grandmother, "if you don't have any specific, helpful suggestions, don't say anything at all.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Why bother being on Cruise Critic, if not to offer specific, helpful advice? To paraphrase my grandmother, "if you don't have any specific, helpful suggestions, don't say anything at all.

There are tons of articles that provide specific, helpful advice.  I've linked to those articles in this thread only to have that post removed.

8 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

There are tons of articles that provide specific, helpful advice.  I've linked to those articles in this thread only to have that post removed.

From the Forum Guidelines:

"Cruise Critic reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to cruise-related material or message boards that are not located within Cruise Critic. Additionally, we respectfully request that you do not use our forums to promote or advertise other cruise-related websites."

3 hours ago, scottca075 said:

From the Forum Guidelines:

"Cruise Critic reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to cruise-related material or message boards that are not located within Cruise Critic. Additionally, we respectfully request that you do not use our forums to promote or advertise other cruise-related websites."

I had forgotten that.  That only emphasizes my suggestion to use google to gather information. There are some excellent sites that provide a wealth of information on hotels.  For example: Trip Advisor which owns Cruise Critic so that should be safe to mention.

FWIW, I did provide information on the hotels I am using on my Miami cruise.

Edited by RocketMan275

21 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I had forgotten that.  That only emphasizes my suggestion to use google to gather information. There are some excellent sites that provide a wealth of information on hotels.  For example: Trip Advisor which owns Cruise Critic so that should be safe to mention.

FWIW, I did provide information on the hotels I am using on my Miami cruise.

Tripadvisor is a great place to gather hotel information as are the boards here on cruise critic.  There are MANY threads here on the Florida Board which give great advice on hotels from fellow members as well as those who live in the area. Lots of thoughts on hotels that people have stayed in. 

Hotels like Hampton Inn Brickell get rave reviews consistently here on CC from many fellow cruisers.  

You can search hotels in the Florida board here and it will bring up many threads on it. 

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Tripadvisor is a great place to gather hotel information as are the boards here on cruise critic.  There are MANY threads here on the Florida Board which give great advice on hotels from fellow members as well as those who live in the area. Lots of thoughts on hotels that people have stayed in. 

Hotels like Hampton Inn Brickell get rave reviews consistently here on CC from many fellow cruisers.  

You can search hotels in the Florida board here and it will bring up many threads on it. 

The CC threads only present the views of a select few that are limited in number.  Trip advisor does include many more reviews from a larger number of posters which can give a wider perspective.  Google is another good source.