Magic Carpet Sky Suites-Deck 12

allpoints

I have heard several say not to book MC Suites on deck 12; especially, the two on the ends.  Those round windows appear to have very poor visibility and things hang down from above on all four of them.  I am repeating what I have heard, along with what I saw in a photo.  You can take this with a grain of salt, but the photo did not lie, unless it was Photoshopped!

Edited by Lastdance

Just got off the Beyond and was in a Magic Carpet Suite.   We were in the middle suite and the balcony was large.   2 chaise lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs with a small table.

We were reluctant to be in this room BUT awe were pleasantly surprised by the overall size of the room and how little the Magic Carpet was an obstruction.   Looking left and right there is no obstruction in the view.   Looking skyward if the Magic Carpet is there you see the base of it.    

We thoroughly enjoyed this room with the exception of the bathroom door being too close to the side of the bed.   

hope this helps.

It is my understanding that the 2 end MC Sky suites on deck 12 do not have the large window that are on the other decks.  If that is correct the balconies on end suites would be darker with no view forward on the forward balcony or aft on the aft balcony.  Here is a picture of the window in a MC Sky Suite on deck 10.   As you can see the orange column is an obstruction but the window compensates for it. 

IMG_4460.thumb.jpeg.1e7276a6ad874f2285848db1cee48591.jpeg

21 minutes ago, GB08 said:

I can only speak for being in the center on deck 12.    I did see these windows and feel I would not enjoy these cabins/balconies and would have a claustrophobic feeling.  

We have done both the center MC SS and forward end.  We loved the forward end, we could see forward and also watch what was going on the bridge.  We have the same MC SS booked for 4 more cruises.

• Like 1