Seascape Caribbean Excursions

KittyCruz

Does anyone know when MSC will update its excurison offerings for a cruise, we are just at 2.5 months out for our Caribbean Cruise (Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and the Caye) and they have not updated their website with any additional offerings, other than the bare bones that were there when we reserved last year.

On that note, for anyone that has already done this cruise and booked through MSC any that stood out as good or bad...

We are plotting our own adventures for the 51st state, but for the Dominican Republic and Jamaica trying to get an idea of options and/or things to avoid.

2 adults, not quite retired, no children or mobility issues.

As always thanks in advance.

I have yet to go on any excursion offered by any cruise line that was good and not a complete rip off (Caribbean or Europe). If there are any let me know. I find it to be much better to do some research of the port and go on your own or book through a different company.

5 hours ago, mvh said:

I have yet to go on any excursion offered by any cruise line that was good and not a complete rip off (Caribbean or Europe). If there are any let me know. 

mvh: When there are tendering situations, or are at private islands, it's worth taking a good look at the cruise line excursions. I did one on RCCL that got us off the ship earlier, kept us moving with very little down time, and got us back to the tendering line just in time to visit the WC before the next event aboard. 

That said, Kitty's itinerary only has to worry about the private island part of the deal. I assume Puerto Plata and Nassau are the ports of call. Will update you if I find something worth doing... even if it might not be the MSC excursion.

17 hours ago, Saving Up To Be Eccentric said:

mvh: When there are tendering situations, or are at private islands, it's worth taking a good look at the cruise line excursions. 

Our preference is cruise line excursions is really the guarentee that they can't leave us if the excursion is late getting back to the ship (I understand this might not be everyones cup of tea, but it is our preference)

That being said really just wondering when if anyone knows if and when additional excursions might be added.

Last time in PR, we did a Segway tour...I thought my sister-in-law would shoot lasers from her eyes straight through me while we were in the training area trying to learn how to ride them. Then, off we went and what fun it was!! Got to cover so much more area that way.

50+ cruises, never had a tour return us late. We make sure the operator knows what time we have to be back on board prior to departure, fwiw.

When is your cruise? If it's around next April/May, I wonder if the lack of posted excursions is tied into the closure of Ocean Caye for renovations perhaps??

Edited by psmarkle

We did an MSC excursion in Jamaica (different ship) to a rum tasting and lunch, w/brief tour of the area. It was pretty bad and very disorganized. I wouldn't recommend that one for anyone. It seemed most of the tours leaving there were unorganized and behind. If I were to do it again, I would find a private tour there or just go to the beach somewhere.