Drop of FCC for isolation in your cabin date

Happiest when cruising

Does anyone know when they dropped the FCC if you or your cabin mate were isolated in your cabin for Covid? 
I am sure it was there in April,  but I don’t see it anymore on the website.

I checked in the Cruise with Confidence section and the very small health section. 

Edited by Happiest when cruising

Seems like you may be right - can't find getting ill with Covid references other than in the FAQs for  princess vacation protection

https://www.princess.com/plan/princess-vacation-protection/

"Q: What if I find out I was exposed to someone either on my way to my cruise or during the cruise, and I end up being isolated in my cabin for part or all of the voyage?
A: PVP provides reimbursement for the days you are confined to your cabin if the confinement is ordered by a medical professional."

2 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

Seems like you may be right - can't find getting ill with Covid references other than in the FAQs for  princess vacation protection

https://www.princess.com/plan/princess-vacation-protection/

"Q: What if I find out I was exposed to someone either on my way to my cruise or during the cruise, and I end up being isolated in my cabin for part or all of the voyage?
A: PVP provides reimbursement for the days you are confined to your cabin if the confinement is ordered by a medical professional."

Thanks so much for digging. I’m still wondering when it changed, though. 
it seems it’s on the rise again, so I’d like to know what the options would be. I have private insurance and I’ll be checking that it’s covered through there, too. 

I was isolated in a different cabin for 2 nights after I was tested by the Medical Center (already "used up" 3 days after symptoms began).  This was at the end of July 2023.  

Isolate for 5 days from start of symptoms, wear a mask for 5 days (the don't do post tests).  

I am in the process of filing a claim with AON.  I was told by agent that I qualified for a refund by check.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was isolated in a different cabin for 2 nights after I was tested by the Medical Center (already "used up" 3 days after symptoms began).  This was at the end of July 2023.  

Isolate for 5 days from start of symptoms, wear a mask for 5 days (the don't do post tests).  

I am in the process of filing a claim with AON.  I was told by agent that I qualified for a refund by check.  

Probably took place in August, as many changes did, as well as other changes.

Everyone better get insurance to cover covid now or PVP.  Some insurance companies no longer cover it.

Thanks @Happiest when cruisingfor finding this.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Probably took place in August, as many changes did, as well as other changes.

Everyone better get insurance to cover covid now or PVP.  Some insurance companies no longer cover it.

Thanks @Happiest when cruisingfor finding this.

Wow...Glad i caught covid while on my cruise.  I was isolated for a sea day and Halifax (which I will be returning to at the end of the season).  Sad that time in Halifax will be so much shorter than the time I missed it.  

A few of us on our roll call were isolated during our recent Emerald Princess cruise (ended yesterday). My isolation was only 4 days as the medical centre counts from when your symptoms started. We were all told by guest services that we would receive FCC for the 4 days regardless of any insurance, PVP or other.

Mask up everyone! I didn’t attend the meet and greet, we generally keep to ourselves, take stairs, etc and still got it. Mine was very mild and felt like allergies. I had tests with me and tested myself on a whim around day 10, or I wouldn’t have believed I had it. Judging by the sneezing, coughing and sniffles I heard around my on “release” about half the ship had it. No exaggeration. Many cruises since the restart and this is the first time I’ve caught it on a cruise.

Edited by sunviking90
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

A few of us on our roll call were isolated during our recent Emerald Princess cruise (ended yesterday). My isolation was only 4 days as the medical centre counts from when your symptoms started. We were all told by guest services that we would receive FCC for the 4 days regardless of any insurance, PVP or other.

Mask up everyone! I didn’t attend the meet and greet, we generally keep to ourselves, take stairs, etc and still got it. Mine was very mild and felt like allergies. I had tests with me and tested myself on a whim, or I wouldn’t have believed I had it. Judging by the sneezing, coughing and sniffles I heard around my on “release” about half the ship had it. No exaggeration. 

Wow!  I believe it.  I know so many people who either have it or have been exposed.  Appointments getting cancelled and changed, etc.  

Did they mandate masks?  Did they have you mask on your release for another 5 days?

Glad you had a mild case.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Wow!  I believe it.  I know so many people who either have it or have been exposed.  Appointments getting cancelled and changed, etc.  

Did they mandate masks?  Did they have you mask on your release for another 5 days?

Glad you had a mild case.

No mask mandate of any kind, and I wouldn’t expect that at this point. My DH was able to be out and about with a mask while I isolated. I didn’t have to wear a mask on my release, and I didn’t as I had no symptoms by this point. When I got out I actually think I was healthier than most around me by the sounds of it.
There was no mention at all of Illness, staying healthy, etc, at all. I saw a few stools in the halls, but I think they want to believe it is all over. It is “endemic” now, and for most a mild cold, but it would have been nice if they told people to stay away from others if not well, coughing, etc, and I was told by another that they had masks available at the front desk.

The crew really don’t care either. I was surprised that every time they brought my meals, they would knock on the door, I would mask up and open it, and the unmasked crew would hand it to me. I was expecting them to put it on the stool, knock and run. I guess they have all had it so many times they have great immunity and don’t care anymore.

Hopefully I get my FCC, but as I said, we spend so much time in our cabin, on the balcony, etc it really didn’t impact my cruise. I was able to enjoy the Panama Canal transit from my balcony.

Edited by sunviking90

4 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

No mask mandate of any kind, and I wouldn’t expect that at this point. My DH was able to be out and about with a mask while I isolated. I didn’t have to wear a mask on my release, and I didn’t as I had no symptoms by this point. When I got out I actually think I was healthier than most around me by the sounds of it.
There was no mention at all of Illness, staying healthy, etc, at all. I saw a few stools in the halls, but I think they want to believe it is all over. It is “endemic” now, and for most a mild cold, but it would have been nice if they told people to stay away from others if not well, coughing, etc, and I was told by another that they had masks available at the front desk.

The crew really don’t care either. I was surprised that every time they brought my meals, they would knock on the door, I would mask up and open it, and the unmasked crew would hand it to me. I was expecting them to put it on the stool, knock and run. I guess they have all had it so many times they have great immunity and don’t care anymore.

Hopefully I get my FCC, but as I said, we spend so much time in our cabin, on the balcony, etc it really didn’t impact my cruise. I was able to enjoy the Panama Canal transit from my balcony.

Unfortunately, a lot don’t report it. Probably why so many had it.  

We were a little concerned about guests on both sides of us. One couple had a heart condition and his wife was battling cancer.  The guest on the other side had lung problems and was asking to be tested for covid.  Luckily they didn’t get covid, or it could have been serious.  We talked with them over our balconies and they seemed to dodge the virus.

You just never know. 

• Like 1

Had Covid twice on cruises last time was in March got FCC both times. Back in the old days I was confined to my cabin for 48 hours due to a bacterial infection no FCC back then   We only test these days if we have symptoms while at home or on ship

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

Did they give you anything in writing stating you will get the FCC?  Were you provided a copy of the Positive Covid test that they took? 
I am glad you were ok, and were able to enjoy the cruise from your balcony.

Covid is not over, and it should be common sense if people don’t feel well, to stay away from others as best they can.
There are also lots of reasons people cough and if stayed in my cabin because of a cough I often have, I’d miss so much…so I take the stares I get from people and just go about my cruise. 

7 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Did they give you anything in writing stating you will get the FCC?  Were you provided a copy of the Positive Covid test that they took? 

Covid is not over, and it should be common sense if people don’t feel well, to stay away from others as best they can.
There are also lots of reasons people cough and if stayed in my cabin because of a cough I often have, I’d miss so much…so I take the stares I get from people and just go about my cruise. 

This wasn’t me but both times I had Covid on board I was given a written report from medical with positive test and dates of quarantine.  Got FCC both times   Last on was in March

1 hour ago, memoak said:

This wasn’t me but both times I had Covid on board I was given a written report from medical with positive test and dates of quarantine.  Got FCC both times   Last on was in March

Thanks so much. I understand that’s how it used to work but doesn’t seem to be the case now. I’m just wondering when they quietly let that printed policy go. 
Of course, everyone should purchase their own travel/medical insurance, but at least the FCC was something, for those that didn’t. 

Edited by Happiest when cruising

5 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I didn’t see medical. I did my own test and reported to medical. They isolated me for 4 days (of a 19 day cruise). Guest services and medical were in contact with me daily, and medical had to ok my release. I didn’t get anything in writing saying I had been isolated. I guess I should have, but I’m not going to stress over it. If my FCC doesn’t appear, I’ll follow up.

Just now, sunviking90 said:

I didn’t see medical. I did my own test and reported to medical. They isolated me for 4 days (of a 19 day cruise). Guest services and medical were in contact with me daily, and medical had to ok my release. I didn’t get anything in writing saying I had been isolated. I guess I should have, but I’m not going to stress over it. If my FCC doesn’t appear, I’ll follow up.

If you report a positive test they will always ask you if you want a follow up test. That way you get the written proof for your FCC

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

If you report a positive test they will always ask you if you want a follow up test. That way you get the written proof for your FCC

I was not asked. Others on my roll call also weren’t asked. Tests can show positive for much longer than they are requiring isolation, so what would be the point. They count 6 days from when you report your symptoms starting, and that’s the day they release you. No tests.

Edited by sunviking90

You need to be formally tested by Medical Center.  You need to get a medical records report for $28 while onboard.  It will state the times/dates you were insolation.  Without that, it is difficult to "prove" you were in isolation by Medical.  

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You need to be formally tested by Medical Center.  You need to get a medical records report for $28 while onboard.  It will state the times/dates you were insolation.  Without that, it is difficult to "prove" you were in isolation by Medical.  

I have not even been charged for it

2 hours ago, memoak said:

I have not even been charged for it

I was not charged for my medical visit invoice paper work.  It included date of visit, office visit, medications given, and final diagnosis.  It did not include isolate dates (noted on my Medical Records).  To get a formal medical records with diagnosis AND dates of isolation, it required me to pay them $28.  It was highly recommended by many on these boards not to get off the ship without an itemized copy of my medical records (verses billing invoice for visit).  

I'm glad you could process any claims without paying for any documentations.  

I can only speak to what I needed and what happened to me.  I started my AON claim and it IS going to be a very long period of time until it is resolved.  

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

Some of the protocols have changed in the last few months with medical involvement.  You would not have medical records to pay for necessarily, because you were not treated there, but you should have a documented record of a medical ordered isolation.

Shame on that medical dept. They should have tested and documented it with a letter for you. They could have at least read your test result and documented it.

If you do need a record of your medical required isolation, you can request it:

mrecordsrequest@carnival.com

If you have a CVP/TA, you can ask them to escalate your FCC request.  Some have gotten FCC in a week and others months. 

If you don’t have a CVP or TA that will help, then I would go to AON or your insurance company to request the FCC’s.  I would not just wait for the FCC to show up.  Not likely.  I have heard of it, rarely, but seems a CVP/TA has been involved or an extremely efficient ship personnel. IDK.

If you didn’t have insurance, then you can request the FCC’s, as promised with the post cruise CS in the PCL website.  Move down to “support request.”  Give as much detail as possible.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page

If I were you, I’d definitely pursue the FCC’s, that’s not right.  Good luck to you.

Let us know.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Some of the protocols have changed in the last few months with medical involvement.  You would not have medical records to pay for necessarily, because you were not treated there, but you should have a documented record of a medical ordered isolation.

Shame on that medical dept. They should have tested and documented it with a letter for you. They could have at least read your test result and documented it.

If you do need a record of your medical required isolation, you can request it:

mrecordsrequest@carnival.com

If you have a CVP/TA, you can ask them to escalate your FCC request.  Some have gotten FCC in a week and others months. 

If you don’t have a CVP or TA that will help, then I would go to AON or your insurance company to request the FCC’s.  I would not just wait for the FCC to show up.  Not likely.  I have heard of it, rarely, but seems a CVP/TA has been involved or an extremely efficient ship personnel. IDK.

If you didn’t have insurance, then you can request the FCC’s, as promised with the post cruise CS in the PCL website.  Move down to “support request.”  Give as much detail as possible.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page

If I were you, I’d definitely pursue the FCC’s, that’s not right.  Good luck to you.

Let us know.

Thank you. That is very helpful information!