Penang can anyone recommend a private guide or company?

cosytoes

We're arriving in Georgetown/Penang in March next year but looking at the map in my guidebook the pier is more or less within walking distance of many of the sights so walk is what we'll do. 

Apparently it's also a great gastronomic centre for hawker food so we'll use our noses as well as our eyes.

Hi.  The pier is very close to the main heritage areas in Georgetown.  With even a modicum of research you can see what you want without doing a 'tour'.  I used to live there and have just returned from six weeks there.  Download the 'Grab' app and just use them....incredibly cheap and always available (like Uber, only better).

• 5 months later...
On 9/11/2023 at 10:24 PM, exiledowl said:

We're arriving in Georgetown/Penang in March next year but looking at the map in my guidebook the pier is more or less within walking distance of many of the sights so walk is what we'll do. 

Apparently it's also a great gastronomic centre for hawker food so we'll use our noses as well as our eyes.

Das stimmt. Man kann sehr angenehm zu Fuß ins Zentrum gehen. Die hübschen Tempel sind mittendrin und die Restaurants sind nah beieinander. Sollten Sie allerdings nach Badu Ferringhi oder rund um die Insel wollen, nehmen Sie einfach ein Taxi. Kein Problem in Penang.