Ideas for late flight post-cruise (Barcelona)

dwade1901

Hello everyone.

We are cruising on the Seaview next Summer and our flight doesn't leave until 7:45pm (there were no earlier options with the airline unfortunately).

There's 5 of us (2 adults 3 children) and I'm looking for something fairly relaxing before heading to the airport

Does anyone have any suggestions? We don't really wanna be dragging luggage around for 5/6 hrs....

Hi, we were on Seaview last summer in Barcelona.

I take it you have looked at post cruise excursions to the surrounding area either through the cruise line, if offered, or one of the travel sites?

They can be expensive but all your luggage is stored on the bus until the end of the tour, usually at the airport. 

We used Bags&go.com who are located at the cruise terminal when you disembark. They will transfer your luggage to the airport allowing you to spend the day in Barcelona. You then collect your luggage from their kiosk in the airport terminal before checking in. 

If you have access to a lounge, it may be a great way to relax before your flight.

We used the BCN airport post security lounge: Sala VIP in terminal 2 for free using the Priority Pass from our Amex Plat card benefit.

Shower was very nice prior to boarding.

They have relaxation areas for kids too.

You can have you luggage stored at the airport too....

Edited by 4sallypat
showers

In several European ports I've used TripAdvisor to find a recommended private tour/transfer company.  Don't get caught up in TripAdvisor's advertising per person tours,  find the actual tour operators (their true website links are somewhat hidden but are listed).  Once on the actual tour/transfer company's website you should be able to find a reasonable private tour for your group ending at the airport.  Most of them are aware that you will have luggage and make accommodations in vehicle size so that your luggage stays with you in the vehicle. 

Edited by Até

Thanks both.

We just got back from a cruise at Barcelona a few weeks ago and annoyingly, the check in desk wouldn't allow us to check our bags in until 2.5 hrs before (we had a late afternoon flight) - so the airport lounge idea wouldn't work as it's past security I assume?

I'll check out the bag and go option (I did see them at the terminal). That might be an option and at least then we can make our own way to airport at a leisurely pace... 🙂

Thank you

3 minutes ago, Até said:

In several European ports I've used TripAdvisor to find a recommended private tour/transfer company.  Don't get caught up in TripAdvisor's advertising per person tours,  find the actual tour operators (their true website links are somewhat hidden but are listed).  Once on the actual tour/transfer company's website you should be able to find a reasonable private tour for your group ending at the airport.  Most of them are aware that you will have luggage and make accommodations in vehicle size so that your luggage stays with you in the vehicle. 

Thanks 🙂