Premium beverage package

Mkdvmz

I just saw a copy of a Main  Dining Room menu posted that had wine pairings with several menu offerings. Are any of those wines available with the premium beverage package? May I order a glass of one of the wines offered as part of my package

1 hour ago, Mkdvmz said:

I just saw a copy of a Main  Dining Room menu posted that had wine pairings with several menu offerings. Are any of those wines available with the premium beverage package? May I order a glass of one of the wines offered as part of my package

No. As previously stated, the beverage packages (both of them) are wines-by-the-glass from the same menu of mostly mediocre offerings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mkdvmz said:

If  the wine is on the  Wine menu by the glass then it is included

I think they are just trying  to show people what wine will go with that particular dish

2 hours ago, Mkdvmz said:

I looked at those menus & the drink menu from Jan posting & they are on on the wine by the glass list  except one dessert wine

It may be  a new addition as the wine will change  subject to supplies

New bar  menus posted in January

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2904150-riviera-new-bar-drinks-menus-and-prices/

Enjoy

• Like 1

I'm not sure what's going on with the wines by the glass offerings but the white wines on my August cruise were awful.  I'm not a wine expert by any means but I tried a couple of them and couldn't drink it. I prefer white over red. After 3 strikes on the white wine list, I switched to a red and found it to be drinkable. The wine list may have changed somewhat from 2022, I can't recall. If this list is what is going to be offered when they switch to SM, I won't be drinking much.  As FF said, the offerings are "mediocre".

1 hour ago, sunlover12 said:

I'm not sure what's going on with the wines by the glass offerings but the white wines on my August cruise were awful.  I'm not a wine expert by any means but I tried a couple of them and couldn't drink it. I prefer white over red. After 3 strikes on the white wine list, I switched to a red and found it to be drinkable. The wine list may have changed somewhat from 2022, I can't recall. If this list is what is going to be offered when they switch to SM, I won't be drinking much.  As FF said, the offerings are "mediocre".

After more than 400 days on O ships, I repeat: Other than an occasional passable 1 or 2 selections, the wine-by-the-glass is poor to mediocre at best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

After more than 400 days on O ships, I repeat: Other than an occasional passable 1 or 2 selections, the wine-by-the-glass is poor to mediocre at best.

Perhaps, just perhaps, with some mandatory wine costs now being imposed on all new bookings O will listen and improve their selection.

Or, as the Aussies would say……” tell ‘im he’s dreamin’ mate.”

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Like 1