Dropping a Guest from Reservation

lumofny

Reservation was made directly with MSC for 3 people however one can't go now. We paid only the deposit for all 3 passengers and the sailing is in April 2024 so final payment is still months away from being due. This particular sailing was supposed to be a 7 day however due to Ocean Cay being renovated the entire sailing duration and itinerary were changed. To rebook now would be between double and triple what we booked it at. For this reason I want to make sure the reservation isn't touched at all. I've heard horror stories about even the smallest changes resulting in a repricing from MSC agents.

Does anyone have any experience removing a passenger prior to final payment? Do they refund the the deposit amount for the passenger not sailing or just apply it against the balance due?

Since this appears to be a US booking official policy is that #3's deposit is refundable if cancelled before final payment - as long as it's not a Yacht Club cabin or World Cruise.

While it's likely no issue will be caused I'd weigh how much the lost deposit refund would be as it's not unheard of for reservations being messed up when a change is made.  I've read things like port fees, taxes, and even fare rate have been accidentally changed on numerous people's bookings, and it's also happened to me a couple times when I've made changes.  It can be quite a pain to get the booking back to how it was.