Help! Can't remember the name of a great Beach Bar

ChampagneBar

We were in St. Thomas about 5 years ago some time after a hurricane came through.  The beaches we would normally go to were still closed so I asked a Taxi driver if he could recommend a beach with a bar that was opened.  He said he had the perfect place.  I believe we drove along the South side of the Island East of Charlotte Amalie. We eventually turn of the main road onto a bumpy dirt road. We stayed on this dirt road for what seemed about a mile.  I remember thinking to myself "where is this guy taking us".  If he killed us we would never be found, LOL. We eventually came to an opening where there a small beach bar with a BBQ serving simple bar food.  For the life of me I can't remember the name of the Bar or Beach.  Does this place sound familiar to anybody?  The best clue is that you had to take this bumpy dirt road for about a mile to get it.

Thanks,

David

7 minutes ago, ChampagneBar said:

We were in St. Thomas about 5 years ago some time after a hurricane came through.  The beaches we would normally go to were still closed so I asked a Taxi driver if he could recommend a beach with a bar that was opened.  He said he had the perfect place.  I believe we drove along the South side of the Island East of Charlotte Amalie. We eventually turn of the main road onto a bumpy dirt road. We stayed on this dirt road for what seemed about a mile.  I remember thinking to myself "where is this guy taking us".  If he killed us we would never be found, LOL. We eventually came to an opening where there a small beach bar with a BBQ serving simple bar food.  For the life of me I can't remember the name of the Bar or Beach.  Does this place sound familiar to anybody?  The best clue is that you had to take this bumpy dirt road for about a mile to get it.

Thanks,

David

Megan's Bay

Coki Bay (heading to Red Hook)

Lindquist Bay

It may have been an "unauthorized" beach bar, because it sounds like it may have been where Abi Beach Bar was. Abi closed before the storm, I think, because they did so many illegal things (like that road), and neighbors complained. After the storm, nobody was concerned about permits, etc, and people welcomed any place with food and drink.

Don't know that anybody has opened a concession there since Abi closed.