Civitavecchia Port Hotels

MagentaandRiffRaff

1 hour ago, MagentaandRiffRaff said:

Looking for any information for a good hotel to stay in near the port before we cruise out of Rome. Thanks!!

Hotel San Giorgio. Classic great hotel. Runs just over $120.00, they have a shuttle that will drop you off at your ship. If you need transport from the airport to cruise terminal check out Bob's Limo Rome, great company and very well priced for a shared shuttle. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you are willing to put in some time to do your own research for Civitavecchia hotels you can try what I did:  Type "Civitavecchia" into Google.  Hit the ENTER key.  Then, click on "Maps" (which you will find toward the top of your screen).  When the resulting map appears place your cursor over the map and start zooming way in.  You will see names of hotels and other businesses start popping up.  You can then place your cursor over a hotel and watch a little window pop up that tells you about the hotel.  Read reviews and make your choice.  We just booked the Hotel de La Ville on what I consider the town's main street that parallels the shoreline.  We'll be able to walk from there to the shuttle bus at that fort that takes us to the cruise ships.  Happy hunting. 

I am going to post a gentle warning about the San Giorgio.  That hotel has previously generated some complaints that they sometimes will cancel confirmed bookings and/or move folks to different facilities.  It is believed that the hotel has some kind of internal "pecking order" and individuals sometimes take a back seat to various group bookings.  

For what it's worth, DW and I would not consider booking that particular hotel because of these reported "over booking issues."

Hank

• Like 2

Just completed 10 day cruise to Greece & Italy on NCL Breakaway.  If you can arrange a car service to Civi, have a look at Hotel Smart Cruise.  It is a very clean boutique hotel with an outstanding service.  The free shuttle to the cruise terminal is just literally a few steps away.  This location is also walkable to the seaside promenade with lots of dining options.