Valiant lady central sea terrace rec?

goodvino808

I would avoid deck 14 (under the pool/exercise facilities) and deck 8 (above public dec, night clubs, etc).  Beyond that, after several midship cruises, I'd tell you that there isn't a "best" side or a particular room number.  There will be differences in the views when you dock, but that depends on your itinerary and you can always go to the public decks for great views.  Besides, who decides what is great--do you want an island view or an ocean view at a given port?  

I would tell you that there is no such thing as a "bad" central sea terrace as long as you avoid the two decks mentioned above.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, goodvino808 said:

What is the best deck and room side or number for central sea terrace on Valiant lady.  Looking at the med on this ship and being mid ship.  

I think the sweet spot on any VV ship is Deck 10 - 13.  As recommended above, avoid Deck 14 because of the pool deck and gym right above you.  Deck 10 is well above the lifeboats and Deck 13 keeps cabins above and below you.  Otherwise, there's really not a 'bad seat in the house' on the VV ships.  If you've never sailed VV, work with a Gold Certified TA who can help you navigate the ship, explain the pay in full discount and possibly give you some extra Sailor Loot to spend onboard. I think you're really going to enjoy VV! 

• Like 3

I was just on Scarlet Lady and really liked our cabin 11102Z - it was midway between the middle and aft elevators, it had an angled balcony which was larger than the norm, and best of all....ta da...when we were walking down the hall we could see our wall jutting out so we knew how much further we had to go...."there's our cabin!  I see it!".

I would take any cabin that ended with 102, either A or Z, between decks 9-13.  Very, very quiet.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, neverendingcruising said:

There is speculation that Brilliant will have a change in the lifeboats which could impact the size of the balconies on deck 8, but no need to worry about that at the moment! 

There's no speculation, Brilliant Lady does have two changes that will be noticeable. Lifeboat configuration has changed, but that will not impact on the size of the balconies. It may mean that the lifeboats are much closer to the balconies though, possibly right on top of them. 

The aft of the ship has been squared up, we've actually seen pictures posted on Instagram from the shipyard that confirms this. We have not seen photos of the lifeboats yet. 

Both of these changes are being made to allow the ship to pass through the Panama Canal. The original 3 ships cannot primarily due to the lifeboats hanging over the side and because the aft flares out. The only thing remaining to be seen is whether the BL will have the lifeboats permanently mounted directly above Deck 7 or they will be able to transition from hanging over to the side, to a "Panama Canal" position to allow her to through the locks. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

There's no speculation, Brilliant Lady does have two changes that will be noticeable. Lifeboat configuration has changed, but that will not impact on the size of the balconies. It may mean that the lifeboats are much closer to the balconies though, possibly right on top of them. 

The aft of the ship has been squared up, we've actually seen pictures posted on Instagram from the shipyard that confirms this. We have not seen photos of the lifeboats yet. 

Both of these changes are being made to allow the ship to pass through the Panama Canal. The original 3 ships cannot primarily due to the lifeboats hanging over the side and because the aft flares out. The only thing remaining to be seen is whether the BL will have the lifeboats permanently mounted directly above Deck 7 or they will be able to transition from hanging over to the side, to a "Panama Canal" position to allow her to through the locks. 

Great info, thanks!