Caribbean Princess, laundry detergent, unscented?

Kitty Ellas Mom

I know this has been brought up a lot on CC but I'm no good with the search engine.  I'm on Caribbean Princess for 10 days starting next week and I know I need to do laundry halfway through.  I use only unscented products.  What do you recommend, or, is there something they sell on Princess that I can buy?  I might do what I've seen others recommend, and handwash things like socks and underwear in my stateroom, then take the big stuff to the laundry room.  I am hesitant to send it out b/c I don't think it would be done with unscented stuff, is that accurate?  Thanks for any info.  This is causing me a lot of stress b/c I typically just bring enough for a whole trip, but my trips are almost always a week or less.  This 14 days total trip is a rare treat.

Not sure what products are available for use in the laundry room on the ships, but we always take some laundry detergent sheets that you can buy on Amazon - specifically the unscented/free & clear kind (because I’m allergic to many things and cannot have scents on my clothing/soap/etc - plus the sheets travel SO much better than other options).   I can also say that we used the laundry service on our last cruise on the Regal and I didn’t have any issues with scents from that either.   Hope that helps!

Bring your own detergent and fabric softener.  The laundry products dispensed in the guest laundry are all scented.  If you have time and depending on your embarkation port, make a pit stop at a store before embarkation, so it doesn’t count against your weight limits if flying.  It’s hard to find unscented laundry detergents outside of the US and Canada.

I myself don’t like sending my clothes out because they use the same detergent for the towels and linens.  It’s too harsh and isn’t good for the fibers of your clothes, but fine for heavy duty cotton of the ship’s wares.

It’s $3 for a washer cycle and $3 for a dryer cycle.

I can't say for the Caribbean, but last month, the Emerald sold boxes of All and Surf detergent, also Snuggle fabric softener. The line probably buys by the pallet load for all ships. Neither product stated if it was unscented on the box, but I didn't smell a fragrence.

If you have a reactive airways disease, probably best to bring your own for your own safety.

As far as rinsing things at the sink, the liquid soap has a eucalyptus fragrance, in case that bothers you.

The machines were $3 each, washer and dryer.  Be aware the coins were different sizes, one to dispense the soap, another size to operate the machines.

Took our own detergent on Sky Princess last month. Most people in the laundry room did the same.

I totally understand the stress about it. All of us have sensitive skin to varying degrees & there was no way we wanted to risk any allergic reaction.

Take your own. You’ll be fine. Machines seem v good too. Didn’t notice any build up of other peoples detergents in the machine & we had no allergy reactions at all after using them with our own detergent. 

I bring All Free & Clear Pods...Tide also makes Free & Gentle Pods.  We get free laundry since we sail in a suite, but after our last cruise...I'm going back to doing my own laundry.  We brought brand new crew socks on our last cruise and after the 2 weeks, they looked like they were a year old since they have industrial washers. 

• Like 1

Thanks all. The responses were very useful when we went shopping. I ended up with some free and clear laundry sheets, which I've never heard of before, and one small travel size pouch we already had. We did buy some pods but with the sheets available they seemed more likely to break I'm transit, so we decided to just use those as home.