Gift card partial payments

Nodakboiler

I had that same problem a couple of weeks ago.  The page was just not loading correctly.  I just waited it out and a few hours later the page was loading correctly and let me make the partial payment.  When I had the problem, the option to pay with a gift card was below the option to pay with a credit card.  When it loaded correctly, the two options were side by side at the top.  I tried a different browser and had the same problem.  So, recommend you wait it out or call a person to have it applied.

3 hours ago, Nodakboiler said:

Ended up trying to use gift cards with a small CC addition- charged the whole amount to the CC! Called the HAL gift card # and they reversed the CC charges and applied the gift cards to the cruise. Lesson learned.

I had a similar problem and it is a glitch.  I had two items in my cart, one that could be paid by gift card and one that was disallowed.  It led me to checkout and let me select gift card as a payment option then asked for credit card.  That can’t be done in their system.  In my case I separated the two items into two transactions and had success. 

Be careful using gift cards.  I paid for a cruise (on MSC) using gift cards I had received doing various surveys online. After I paid, I threw out the gift card, knowing it no longer any value to it. Covid came along, and our cruise got canceled, I had to fight with MSC’s for almost a year to try to get my money back. They kept saying they had returned it to my gift cards, I kept telling them I no longer had them, and if I did have them, the expiration date had expired on them ended up getting back some of my money, but lost about $400 because I couldn’t find where all the gift cards were from. 

Just now, cruisers5 said:

Be careful using gift cards.  I paid for a cruise (on MSC) using gift cards I had received doing various surveys online. After I paid, I threw out the gift card, knowing it no longer any value to it. Covid came along, and our cruise got canceled, I had to fight with MSC’s for almost a year to try to get my money back. They kept saying they had returned it to my gift cards, I kept telling them I no longer had them, and if I did have them, the expiration date had expired on them ended up getting back some of my money, but lost about $400 because I couldn’t find where all the gift cards were from. 

I never throw away a gift card until I am certain it is spent.  HAL will do the same thing but they may, if you are lucky, issue a new one. I agree with you - be careful

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cruisers5 said:

Which is why I keep all of the AARP gift cards with notes on which cruise they were used on in a separate folder.  Knock on wood, but we've haven't had anything canceled yet using the gift cards!

• Like 1

Yes keep all the card numbers and Pins- we cancelled something and the letter from HAL said they would be refunding to a new digital gift card but it went back to the original gift cards which I had kept track of. It also took 4 days when in the past it had gone back on immediately.