OBCs?: Coordination between TAs and Royal

nelblu

While on Board Oasis on August 20th sail I booked an 11 niter on Explorer sailing January '25.  Received $200 in OBCs for booking on board.

Transferred reservations to my TA for additional amenities and I usually don't read the fine print, but the following statement included with the invoice caught my attention.  I've used this TA previously and never saw such as statement.  I was planning on applying for the Shareholder's Benefit and held up trying to get my hands around this.  Don't want to get the TA involved.  Any clarification/assistance would be appreciated.

Travel Supplier

Offers/Combinability Due to exclusive sale offers or cooperative marketing promotions with our partners, Shareholder Benefits or other benefits originating solely from the cruise line or any travel supplier may not be combinable with the promotion you booked. This is at the sole discretion of the travel supplier(s). There are no exceptions to this policy.

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

While on Board Oasis on August 20th sail I booked an 11 niter on Explorer sailing January '25.  Received $200 in OBCs for booking on board.

Transferred reservations to my TA for additional amenities and I usually don't read the fine print, but the following statement included with the invoice caught my attention.  I've used this TA previously and never saw such as statement.  I was planning on applying for the Shareholder's Benefit and held up trying to get my hands around this.  Don't want to get the TA involved.  Any clarification/assistance would be appreciated.

Travel Supplier

Offers/Combinability Due to exclusive sale offers or cooperative marketing promotions with our partners, Shareholder Benefits or other benefits originating solely from the cruise line or any travel supplier may not be combinable with the promotion you booked. This is at the sole discretion of the travel supplier(s). There are no exceptions to this policy.

You need to ask your Ta as sny restrictions are their rules and not Royals.

Royal allows the combination of next cruise and shareholders obc and even group obc can be combined with that.

To be honest it sounds like old verbiage from before the shareholders obc was changed to become less restrictive and has not been updated.

I guess my deeper question is do the 2 parties exchange details of what amenities are offered by each and in total on a specific booking.  Otherwise, you are right that the language vis a vis shareholder's benefit might be not applicable.

3 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I guess my deeper question is do the 2 parties exchange details of what amenities are offered by each and in total on a specific booking.  Otherwise, you are right that the language vis a vis shareholder's benefit might be not applicable.

TA's can see what is issued by Royal but Royal cannot see what is offered by the TA until the TA purchases the OBC for the client.

All of the OBC issued by Royal that shows up in your cruise planner is listed on the invoice and they can see what each OBC was issued for when they go into your booking.

Edited by Ourusualbeach