Jewel is late for Vancouver this morning

reveur15

Is it possible they had to wait for the tide so there was safe clearance under the bridge?  When I sailed into Vancouver on the Bliss in 2019 we were scheduled to arrive around noon but didn't dock until almost 2 as we were waiting for the magical 20 minute window where tide was low enough for the ship.

I know the Jewel probably has a slightly lower 'air draught' than the Bliss but it may still be a consideration.

Two cold fronts are pushiing thier way through the Pacific Northwest (back 2 back), chilly windy weather.

The Bliss was sailing in very ugly seas last night along the West Coast of Vancouver Island out in the Pacfic Ocean.  I think the Jewel is sailing the Inside Passage (between Vancouver Island and the mainlad of Canda) which might not be any better.

Just checked both the webcam for The Bliss and Encore.  The Bliss is still in very ugly weather.  For The Encore the ocean is not as rough and the sun is out, might not last long however.

Prayers for The Jewel and Her staff.

Edited by www3traveler
Add a comment

14 minutes ago, hallux said:

Is it possible they had to wait for the tide so there was safe clearance under the bridge?  When I sailed into Vancouver on the Bliss in 2019 we were scheduled to arrive around noon but didn't dock until almost 2 as we were waiting for the magical 20 minute window where tide was low enough for the ship.

I know the Jewel probably has a slightly lower 'air draught' than the Bliss but it may still be a consideration.

Not the case as the tide is climbing this morning. 

Edited by reveur15

6 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Two cold fronts are pushiing thier way through the Pacific Northwest (back 2 back), chilly windy weather.

The Bliss was sailing in very ugly seas last night along the West Coast of Vancouver Island out in the Pacfic Ocean.  I think the Jewel is sailing the Inside Passage (between Vancouver Island and the mainlad of Canda) which might not be any better.

Just checked both the webcam for The Bliss and Encore.  The Bliss is still in very ugly weather.  For The Encore the ocean is not as rough and the sun is out, might not last long however.

Prayers for The Jewel and Her staff.

It looks like my cruise will be wavy. 

Back in July we had a medical emergency and had to divert to Prince Rupert. We lost almost 7 hrs but were able to make up most of it by running at near top speed. We did miss our window for the narrows and had to wait for the next slot, then it was full tilt to Vancouver arriving 3hrs late.