Seabourn Encore hairdryer - could you attach a diffuser?

lisa6191

I am trying to decide whether to bring my own hairdryer on my cruise next week. I have a Dyson which I love and which is relatively small, but I travel carry on only and I'm trying to minimize what I take. I have curly hair and need to use a diffuser. Does the dryer on Encore have enough of a nozzle to attach a diffuser (I do have a collapsible travel diffuser)? If anyone happens to have a pic of the dryer I would be eternally grateful (I know, bizarre request LOL).

Thanks for any help with this!

3 hours ago, lisa6191 said:

I am trying to decide whether to bring my own hairdryer on my cruise next week. I have a Dyson which I love and which is relatively small, but I travel carry on only and I'm trying to minimize what I take. I have curly hair and need to use a diffuser. Does the dryer on Encore have enough of a nozzle to attach a diffuser (I do have a collapsible travel diffuser)? If anyone happens to have a pic of the dryer I would be eternally grateful (I know, bizarre request LOL).

3 hours ago, lisa6191 said:

Yes it does have enough of a nozzle, but all diffusers are different sizes so whether it would fit or not I’m not sure. However when on Encore in May, my hairdryer didn’t have a nozzle, but I was soon found one that did have one.  So it’s possible they have diffusers if you ask.  

On 9/19/2023 at 4:48 PM, lisa6191 said:

This made me laugh. My partner brings her supposedly universal diffuser everywhere but it never fits anything, so I often have to manually keep it in place 🔥 my hands. Maybe it is a parallel universe universal diffuser:-)

Edited by Khareef
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Khareef said:

This made me laugh. My partner brings her supposedly universal diffuser everywhere but it never fits anything, so I often have to manually keep it in place 🔥 my hands. Maybe it is a parallel universe universal diffuser:-)

Yeah, universal usually isn’t lol. I have a collapsible rubber one that stretches, so it has worked on some dryers we’ve encountered, but since I bought my Dyson I take it everywhere with me (the diffuser for that is magnetic so it definitely won’t work on anything else). It’s small but the battery transformer thing is surprisingly heavy, which is why I am trying not to bring it. I’m sure I will though. 😊

19 hours ago, lisa6191 said:

Yeah, universal usually isn’t lol. I have a collapsible rubber one that stretches, so it has worked on some dryers we’ve encountered, but since I bought my Dyson I take it everywhere with me (the diffuser for that is magnetic so it definitely won’t work on anything else). It’s small but the battery transformer thing is surprisingly heavy, which is why I am trying not to bring it. I’m sure I will though. 😊

I don't think you are allowed to bring a hair drier on most (if not all) ships due to obvious fire hazard reasons.

47 minutes ago, Khareef said:

I don't think you are allowed to bring a hair drier on most (if not all) ships due to obvious fire hazard reasons.

It’s not on the prohibited list and I believe you are allowed. Please someone correct me if I’m wrong, don’t want my Dyson confiscated for sure!

10 minutes ago, Earthtones said:

I may be responding too late, but I (fellow curly) brought a universal diffuser that fit perfectly over the dryer on the Odyssey earlier this month. 

This is the one I brought with me: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZJ6Z9Q7?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Thanks, we leave tomorrow! I decided to bring my Dyson, and then I am bringing my collapsible rubber diffuser for before and after the cruise (my Dyson is US voltage so I assume I can’t use it in the hotels in Greece). 

I’m going to save that diffuser though, that looks like a good option for if I don’t bring my Dyson on a trip. Too late for this trip though. 😊

• Like 1