Oceania Club Milestone Cruise Benefit Question

bob brown

I am not clear on how this works..

Does each person when reaching the required twentieth cruise,  get to go on a free 14 day cruise, and take anyone along?  Or do you have to pay the fare for another person sharing the cabin that does not yet have the required cruise credits?

In other words, if a couple both cruise together, and both reach the milestone, can they each get a milestone cruise for two, or do they only get one that they must share with each other?

Good point...

But if a single traveler earns a free cruise, can't they take someone with them on their free cruise?  

I guess it gets 'complicated' in my situation, where I earned 15 credits as a solo, and then my next 15 credits together with my wife, who has her own account...

@bob brown

I recall reading your posts from the ATW. We have friends who hit the 20 and 40 milestones separately so what you are receiving is “Credit” for your Free trip.  No you do not get to bring along someone else for free 😇. You need to discuss the booking with your TA because there are inclusions and exclusions. You are not limited to a 14 day cruise, we booked our Free one on a 20 day cruise segment that was part of a 46 day cruise vacation.  Bottom line, we got about $6500 pp credit on that 20 day cruise and paid the difference because we upgraded our stateroom also. It is still a great loyalty perk. Love O.

Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I brought my sister with me on my free cruise.  No extra cost to bring her.  The catch is that the person you invite cannot live in the same household

Did you ask for the reason on this? What would it matter?

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

The catch is that the person you invite cannot live in the same household

A friend took her husband  

He did not have the  free cruise level at the time  she had done several solo cruises

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

@cruisingxpert

We learn something new every day 🤪🙏👍🛳️  I guess IF I/We hit another milestone, we will have to remember this option. Our kids will appreciate O more now. Thank You.

Mauibabes

I do not believe if both you & your spouse are together on the sailing you can split  up to bring family/friends

Maybe  a VIP could  swing it though🤔

We booked what I thought what was going to be my first "Milestone Cruise" on the Vista for this December.  Our Oceania Ambassador on board my recent ATW sold it to me on board, based on my having accumulated 30 cruise credits...15 from my solo 2019 ATW, and 15 from this years, (sharing with my wife).   We had used her "Milestone Cruise", (earned prior to our wedding),  for the segment from Miami to San Francisco.   Since I was included with her on that, they now say that I had already had my first Milestone (even though I had not yet earned it at that time).   That was contrary to what the O Club Ambassador promised.   As instructed by the Ambassador, prior to the final payment date, I notified Oceania that I wished to take this as my Milestone cruise. A couple of days ago, Oceania told me I had to pay in full, as I already had my milestone cruise.  They even claimed this new one would have been my third!   My wife had one previous to us meeting, and the one we shared in December was her second.

Anyway, we canceled the Vista, since we only booked it because we thought it was going to be a Milestone.  So I also lost the on board booking bonus special they had offered at the time. I am rather disappointed in this misunderstanding.  Their policy doesn't seem clear, to me.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, ATWCruiser said:

A follow up question is when you have your free cruise, do you get the Simply More benefits, are you required to pay for the Simply More plan or do you have a choice to not have it?

You should probably contact the O club ambassador  on how that works  now that SM is not  optional

1 hour ago, ATWCruiser said:

A follow up question is when you have your free cruise, do you get the Simply More benefits, are you required to pay for the Simply More plan or do you have a choice to not have it?

I have just been in this situation booking a cruise (that could have been my milestone) - Simply More is not included.   

You really need to discuss all options with your TA, or in my case, Oceania, directly to get the best outcome for yourself that O is agreeable to.   

On 9/23/2023 at 2:09 AM, HilsTas said:

I have just been in this situation booking a cruise (that could have been my milestone) - Simply More is not included.   

You really need to discuss all options with your TA, or in my case, Oceania, directly to get the best outcome for yourself that O is agreeable to.   

My husband and I are booked on our Milestone cruise. 12 days on Vista in November. Oceania gives credit for cruise only. No O benefits. You pay for gratuities, port charge and taxes. No onboard credit. No Simply more. They will honor shareholders credit. Hope this helps answer some of your questions. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jazzyjeff said:

My husband and I are booked on our Milestone cruise. 12 days on Vista in November. Oceania gives credit for cruise only. No O benefits. You pay for gratuities, port charge and taxes. No onboard credit. No Simply more. They will honor shareholders credit. Hope this helps answer some of your questions. 

Don't you get your free gratuities? We did. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all those that replied.  I did contact Oceania directly and yes, Simply More is not included but Club benefits would be included.

I am still confused about the milestone cruise requirement.  First off, when was this introduced?  Because I was not aware of this requirement.  I was going to take my free cruises but covid hit.

• Free Cruise must be taken on the milestone 20th, 40th, 60th, 80th cruise without exception

I have 45 cruise credit which puts me in Diamond status and have not taken my 2 free cruise.  Does that mean, my 2 free cruise benefits are gone?  Also, if I take another around the world cruise and it is 15 cruise credit, I would be President and earn another free cruise because I have exactly 60 cruise credits, would my next cruise be free even though it will be the 61st cruise?  Call me confused about these policies.  I feel like you have to time these milestone cruise to get the benefits or else you are out of luck.  Right?

Oceania replied "Yes, each time you reach 20 cruise credits, 40 cruise credits, 60 cruise credits and 80 cruise credits you get a free cruise.  You currently have 45 cruise credits, so you are eligible for your 20 and 40th free cruise.  You should request your 20th free cruise now and then your 40th." Which doesn't jive with that the free cruise must be taken on the milestone cruise. Not that I am complaining just unclear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am guessing that this milestone cruise requirement is for new customers. The legacy customers that have free cruises to use can book without the milestone requirement.  But I think I am seeing the writing on the wall. Book your free cruises early before policies change.  I noticed there is an 80th cruise credit free cruise which is not mentioned in Oceania Club Benefits web page.  Whoever ( I know a few) reaches that is in rarefied territory.

14 hours ago, ATWCruiser said:

I am guessing that this milestone cruise requirement is for new customers. The legacy customers that have free cruises to use can book without the milestone requirement.  But I think I am seeing the writing on the wall. Book your free cruises early before policies change.  I noticed there is an 80th cruise credit free cruise which is not mentioned in Oceania Club Benefits web page.  Whoever ( I know a few) reaches that is in rarefied territory.

The free milestone cruise  has always been  for the  20th 40th etc  if you chose not to avail  yourself of the free cruise   good luck getting now

JMO

We had our 20th free cruise. Gratuities were included. Our next free cruise was our 41st cruise. The free cruise is not counted in your  accumulated cruises.

You can select up to a 14 day cruise. Our 62nd cruise would be our next free cruise.

Rhea

I went back and searched posts regarding the Milestone Cruise and some commented that you get a different answer "Yes" or "No" depending on who you talk to on Oceania's side.  Now with Oceania's new cancellation policy fees, I have to verify that it will be OK before booking but yes, need to book soon or potentially lose out on this benefit!

• Like 1