Grand Turk : the CCL port or somewhere else?

big al

So my wife & I will be going on the Enchanted Princess in March '24..we will be stopping in Grand Turk from 1:30 pm to 7 pm..there is a Carnival ship also in port that day..so I guess Princess docks at the Carnival port, right? My wife & I are NOT into a party scene with loud music ( like CoCo Cay )..we prefer a nice beach , pool ( if available), some dining venues close by & bars & restrooms of course...I hear a lot about Jack's Shack or Margaritaville..any thoughts or opinions? BTW, we are seniors around 70 ( don't tell anyone, lol 😆..)..if you think the CCL port is OK, that's cool too..thanks!

Big Al

You will be docked at the same facility, side by side. Margaritaville is in the Welcome Center overlooking the pool so expect it to be pretty packed with two ships in town.

We’ve been in Grand Turk with and without a Carnival ship there and the scene is significantly different. The time we were on a Holland America ship all by ourselves, it was quiet and serene. Some people were out on excursions, some were lounging at the beach, and the pool area remained quiet and fairly deserted. We ordered some food from Margaritaville to be delivered to our cabana and it arrived quickly. 

The time we were there with a Carnival ship, it was a completely different scene. The pool was packed, the music was thumping, and you couldn’t find a spot to sit  at the beach or at the pool. We didn’t spend too much time ashore that time.

Edited by Tapi
  • Thanks 1

There's not really any other place with a pool and food available for cruisers now that Bohio Resort closed. Jacks's is just as much party atmosphere as MV.   The Beached Whale on the right side of the pier is quieter. Governors Beach is quiet but no food, bar, loungers. Downtown Cockburntown has restaurantson the waterside--Sandbar and John's Ocean view.

• Like 1