Hotel for Miami departure

westcoastBC

I’ve always avoided hotels in South Beach (it’s a cool area to visit for a few hours, but it’s too “tourist trappy”, overcrowded and overpriced for my taste). 

For our last two cruises from Miami, we’ve stayed near the Bayside area. We did the YVE hotel (across the street from Bayside and with a great view of the port of Miami if you get a high floor room overlooking that area). It’s a boutique style hotel and usually reasonably priced.

For our last cruise, we booked the YotelPad. Also close to the Bayside area (one or two blocks from the YVE), but we loved the modern, hip facilities and the spacious, studio apartment like room at a very reasonable price. It’s also across the street from the Metromover where you can catch free transportation to various places, including the Brickell City Center shopping area, full of shops and restaurants. 

Edited by Tapi

I never stay in Miami even if cruising out of Miami.  We try to get a room in Dania Beach, Davie, or on 17th Street Causeway in Ft. Lauderdale.  Otherwise, it's Russian Rulet with neighborhoods and crime and/or price.  Davie has some very good-priced hotels that are located very near the I-595 and the Turnpike or I-95.  Some will make arrangements, if you fly in, for a shuttle to take you to the Port of Miami.  Dania Beach is also somewhat moderately priced.  

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which is just about on the corner of Davie Rd and I-595.  It was clean, friendly, close (walking distance) to several restaurants even a wine cellar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

We love the Brickell area , we always now stay at the doubletree, several restaurants and stores and bars in lobby area , love waking up and seeing my ship from the balcony.

According to the Hilton website there's no Doubletree hotel in Brickell but there is a Hilton Garden Inn. 

6 hours ago, George C said:

We love the Brickell area , we always now stay at the doubletree, several restaurants and stores and bars in lobby area , love waking up and seeing my ship from the balcony.

Do you mean the Biscayne  area?

You can see the port from the hotels there