Starlink launch WiFi sale

TowandaUK

4 hours ago, TowandaUK said:

Thank you. 

Don’t feel bad, you’ve just taught long time Cunarders new things…

Very few people will yell at others in this group. Heated posts about dress codes, WiFi, and favorite ships? Yes. But most posters here are good to each other and I have received great help from many here and enjoy participating in this group. @Victoria2 is one of the good ones, even though she doesn’t like my favorite ship too much 😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi, new to Cunard so please bear with the basic questions. Can I ask for a refund for the wifi voyage purchase if I change my mind later?

Also, where can I find a quote for 1 plan with 2 devices? I've heard that, on other lines, the discount can be about 20% compared to buying 2 plans with 1 device each (this is assuming it's same speed for both options?) Thanks!

They will give a refund if you can't get it to work, but that's about it. If you have uncertainty in that area then you best buy on board, and miss a few days out to keep the cost down. The reason being that they won't necessarily make it easy to get a refund.

For 2 devices, that's 2 devices simultaneously. So you can have one purchase, single device, and carry it around your PC, your phone, your partner's device, your partner's phone. There is a "log off last session" button, which shuts off the previous session. I guess people have been divorced for less though. But if you are not a heavy user then one session may work.

For 2 sessions, during the buying process the option to get extra devices should show up along the way, lower down the screen.

• Thanks 1

When I initially saw this I kind of got excited for our upcoming 34-night cruise.   It did not last long though.  It still requires both people to book.  The price we see for our voyage is $12.75 pp per day or $433.50 pp per voyage!  I am the only one who uses the internet so $25.00 per day (for the entire voyage is $850) or $867 per voyage just does not make sense for me, plus you still cannot use your CWC allotment at the moment against a pre-cruise booking.  I will just go with the idea to purchase on board using our CWC credit strategically to get the most out of it. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, newbie202020 said:

Hi, new to Cunard so please bear with the basic questions. Can I ask for a refund for the wifi voyage purchase if I change my mind later?

Also, where can I find a quote for 1 plan with 2 devices? I've heard that, on other lines, the discount can be about 20% compared to buying 2 plans with 1 device each (this is assuming it's same speed for both options?) Thanks!

Prompted by this discussion, I decided to purchase our internet plans in advance. When I did so, I was first prompted to select which passenger, then it asked "for how many devices". (Afterwards, I was able to repeat the operation for my wife.)

Since we'll have just one device each - $20 per day - I didn't look closely at the multi-device prices, but I recall it being something like $38 for two devices; adding more probably saved more, but again, I didn't particularly take note.

Others may point out that you can actually use one device as a sort of a hub ...

• Thanks 1

Just now, TouchstoneFeste said:

Prompted by this discussion, I decided to purchase our internet plans in advance. When I did so, I was first prompted to select which passenger, then it asked "for how many devices". (Afterwards, I was able to repeat the operation for my wife.)

Since we'll have just one device each - $20 per day - I didn't look closely at the multi-device prices, but I recall it being something like $38 for two devices; adding more probably saved more, but again, I didn't particularly take note.

Others may point out that you can actually use one device as a sort of a hub ...

And I should have said more clearly ... there's no additional discount for buying a second plan for a spouse, although I suppose you could buy one plan for two devices and share an account. This would have saved a couple more bucks per day.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

It's usually me who posts that my husband and I often share via Bluetooth which is fine as long as you are in the same place!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2023 at 3:48 AM, TowandaUK said:

Just noticed in My Cunard that there is a sale on WIFI due to Starlink being launched. Cost works out at $15 per day per device. That is good value compared to buying piecemeal onboard at $24 per day. I had planned to buy 24 hours at a time and spread it out. However I can now get the whole 14 day cruise covered for the equivalent of 8.75 days bought individually. 

I was going to get wifi every other day for my 16 day sailing but when I saw that offer I booked like you did.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 6:27 AM, TowandaUK said:

I might not know what Cunard was charging on past cruises, but I know what it was quoting me yesterday was more than it is quoting me today. Didn’t plan to get shouted down when I posted. My only concern was to alert folks who may also benefit from this price reduction. 

Absolutely correct because I was looking at it the other day and it was more expensive but when the offer came through at the lower price I grabbed it. Saved over $50 USD so thought it was worth it. I am able to use my Canadian phone in Quebec City and Sydney and can find wifi in Boston and NY but this will just make it easier over the entire voyage.