Internet access/sites HAL

HAL_cruising38726

1 hour ago, HAL_cruising38726 said:

Does anyone have experience with accessing certain sites using the Premium internet package on HAL?

I'm trying to see if certain sites are accessible, specifically, Sharepoint/Microsoft 365 and Skype.

I don't know the symbol for Sharepoint, but Skype for sure and here is a collages of symbols. that are included.

Access all the sites and apps* in the other cruise WiFi plan, plus make audio and video calls. 

• Audio & Video Streaming
  • Web surfing, Sports, Emails & News
  • Messaging Apps (audio/video features are supported)

premium.jpg

On a December 2023 Koningsdam holiday cruise, I was able to use MS 365 and Teams (audio for sure; I can’t recall if I used Teams video at all) on the standard HIA wifi access. I also used facetime audio and video. Video did freeze a few times. 

Prior to this cruise, I was never able to get work email the normal way because how prior provider was behind company VPN (on standard or enhanced wifi plan). My company had to do a special workaround. 

Very pleased that 365 and Teams were allowed. For the record, have never tried Skype and did not need Sharepoint so no experience with that on a ship’s wifi. 

i will need full network access to files on sharepoint on a TA crossing in a few weeks and will test limits then and can report back if that is soon enough. Will try included HIA wifi first and then upgrade to premium if needed. 

You can get to most MS applications outside of a VPN. You'll probably need the MS authentication app, but you can access Outlook & Teams outside the VPN if your company allows it. (So, "Yay!" Your hellscape of a work life can follow you on high seas! Ain't technology great?)