Selecting a cabin

Mon Papillon

This is my first post and I apologize if this issue has already been addressed .

In the good old days, on the Azamara website, you were able to select a cabin at the beginning of your search. But now you can only do so after you have entered all your personal information. All that is shown at the beginning is the staterooms categories that are available without any cabin numbers. You click on Select and the category selected appears with its price. You then have to click Book and enter your information. A very tedious, clumsy, frustrating and time wasting procedure in my opinion. Before you were able to pick a stateroom at the beginning of the booking process. There may be a reason for such a change that I ignore or I may be missing something.

So am I wrong in my assessment? Has anyone discovered a workaround? 
Come and think of it, are there any third-party websites that show available staterooms for different cruises on different cruise lines?

Thank you for any input you may offer.

That is a feature (!!) of the Seaware software.   Explora Journeys, MSC's new luxury brand, uses the same software and will not allow you to select staterooms until you enter all the same information as the Azamara site.

The workaround is simple.  Just use an online website from a TA and all (or most) cabins will be shown so you can see availability.  Specific TAs cannot be mentioned on here but there are dozens and dozens that will show the info you seek.